Carbs or Net Carbs

Options
After surgery do you count carbs or net carbs? Thank you !!

Replies

• smileitmakespeoplewonder
    Options
    I personally count all my carbs and try to keep them between 50-60 grams per day. I sometimes go over, but usually I'm below the goal.
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I count no carbs. It calculates on this site but all I look at in my diary is protein and calories.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't really count carbs but MFP does it for me and I do look at it. My WLS program Nutrionist told me that a peson should get 130 grams of carbs in a day for healthy brain function. I see alot of WLS people only getting 50 grams of carbs in a day and their programs want them to keep that that low but not mine. I was told if I eat 1200 cals a day, 80-100 grams of protein a day and 100-130 grams of carbs a day I am doing good and to up my cals to 1400 when doing alot of exerising. I am almost 11 months post op from sleeve.
    Good luck!
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I count no carbs. It calculates on this site but all I look at in my diary is protein and calories.

Same here. I have a calorie goal for the day, and a protein goal within that framework. If I hit both of those targets, then carbs end up being low as a consequence. If you maintain the same calorie goal and increase protein, then carbs will fall even more.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options

this-

to an extent,
    i do avoid processed flour (and most products with them and white rice and
    avoid potatoes like the plague,
    because they are a WEAK food for me,

chips/crisps fries etc. DANGER will robinson danger!!
    :D lol
  • gwen6971
    gwen6971 Posts: 49
    Options

this-

to an extent,
    i do avoid processed flour (and most products with them and white rice and
    avoid potatoes like the plague,
    because they are a WEAK food for me,

chips/crisps fries etc. DANGER will robinson danger!!
    :D lol

Potatoes are also my weakness. I love home fries, mashed potatoes, baked, french fries...............you name it.
  • Symphony2010
    Symphony2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just watch calories.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I avoid Caribs like the plague except for fruit/veggie Caribs. Those I strive to keep at 50 or below after fiber is subtracted. Also 60 -80 grams of protein. I don't have a calories goal but am usually around 1300 per day.
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't count carbs at all. I'm to focus on getting my minimum protein and keep my calories low.