Tell me your Non Scale Victories!

MCLA4mom
MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
I know that the goal for most in here is to lose some weight but what are you learning along the way that has nothing to do with the number on the scale?
I'll start! This morning I went for a run. I use to have an extra 75lbs on me that made running miserable. Now that its off I LOVE running! I love the endorphins and stress relief. I love pushing my body to do things that I didn't think I was capable of. I am training for a ten K. I had an "easy run" of 4 miles today and it was pretty much effortless. It was fun and empowering and it had NOTHING to do with a number on the sale.

Replies

• sstratto01
    sstratto01 Posts: 23
    I have a couple.

First - I was just hoping to get to a 40ish waist size. . . something that I had not seen in over a decade. I am now wearing a 34/36 depending on the cut. This felt better to me than being down over 80 pounds.

Second - I was helping out my son's little league coaches and ran after a ball - it felt great not to be totally out of breath after just a few steps. It felt so good, I was racing some of his friends hear and there.

Third - my kids make a big deal of wrapping their arms around me and giving me a big hug. They get so proud that their arms can fit all around me (and then some).

This made all the sacrifices worth it. It also helps keep me motivated to stay on my maintenance plan.
  • VTLois
    VTLois Posts: 49
    Well, as I told you Jennifer the other day....it's wonderful to lay in bed at night and not be berating myself for having had a poor food choice day.
  • GoThunder106
    GoThunder106 Posts: 4 Member
    I guess this is a double victory~

From around the 15lbs loss mark, my snoring has decreased. Therefore, my hubby sleeps better & doesn't wake me during the night to tell me to roll over, so I'm sleeping better too!. WIN-WIN!
  • VTLois
    Was up a pound last week, but down a jean size. (and yes I dug into my closet and pulled out 20....no kidding...pairs of jeans. But none of the rest are stretch, sigh).

Also, I did NOT step on the scale today. I'm tired of letting the ups define my day. But I don't mind when the downs do!
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Isn't it great to not be walking (or laying) around feel guilt!
  • VTLois
    I changed my profile picture today after down 15.8#.