New to the Group

Options
Hey guys, new to the group. I am on day 5 of my Atkins plan and I am feeling sick to my stomach!!! I keep thinking of pizza!!! I'm trying to stay focus!!! HELP!!!!!

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the group! Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well :-( if you are craving pizza, then by all means have some! I make it all the time. Lay out pepperoni slices on pan, add layers of mozarella cheese, cooked sausage crumbles, mushroom, olive slices, bell pepper sprinkles, then sprinkle more cheese. You can make a few layers of it then pop in the oven until bubbly, or microwave. You can also make a spinach, tomato, ricotta cheese and sausage pizza, or a chicken with LC BBQ sauce pizza. There are so many variations, you can create your own pizza masterpiece. If you want a bread base, the Julian LC bread is 1g net carbs and induction friendly. You can also use the mission brand LC tortilla, which is 4g net carbs, or the larger tortilla, which is 7g carbs, I believe. I don't think the tortillas are induction friendly, but they are pretty low and very tasty, which is better than pizza dough.
    Hang in there, it will get better.
  • Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am new to the group,but not to Atkins.Unfortunately I haven't stuck to it,so now is the time for me to get it together and get this done! Looking forward to getting to know you all! Diane
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane, welcome to the group! I've yoyo'd on Atkins also, so I can relate. Showing up to this group is a big help and reading some of the past posts reminds me of why I'm here. Best of luck to you on this journey!