how do u shred?

Options
nolachick
nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
do you do 1 level at a time? do u mix it up? which one is your favorite level? :bigsmile:

I mix it up because I will get bored if I do 1 level everyday. hopefully i'm not sabotaging myself. has anyone had success doing it that way? :ohwell:

level 2 is my fave :wink:

Replies

• slimrubybird
    slimrubybird Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tend to work through one level at a time, starting with Level 1 and (determined this time!) finishing with Level 3. In the past I have only made it to Day 8 of Level 2....and although I don't have experience with Level 3 yet, I can definitely say Level 2 is NOT my favorite! All that work in plank pose is a challenge! We'll see what's in store in Level 3...maybe I'll change my tune.

Finished Day 2 of Level 1 today, and felt really strong. I probably won't spend 10 days at this level, but will move on to those planks and spend more time there, gaining strength.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I like doing 5-6 days before moving to the next level.

I also use heavier weights when it starts to get easy.

I take rest days.

I ice my knees if they start to ache from all the jumping.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    I like doing 5-6 days before moving to the next level.

I also use heavier weights when it starts to get easy.

I take rest days.

I ice my knees if they start to ache from all the jumping.

Same here.
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am going to be alternating Shred/Ripped with my C25K program. :smile:
  • aault88
    aault88 Posts: 3
    Options
    I know some people did each level for a week in order and once they made it through level 3 they just rotated them every other day going forward. i think I am going to give that a try.
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Today will be Day 5 of Level 1 for me. I'm glad I saw this thread because I was thinking about going to Level 2 today since she said move to the next level "when you're ready" I was just afraid of sabotaging by not doing the 10/10/10. So if it doesn't affect the end result. I think I'll start doing Level 2. I do not plan to take any rest days because i want it to be as effective as possible.
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When I initially started in April, I did the L1 for about 5 days, L2 for 5 days and onto L3. I enjoyed L3 the most.

I hate that I'm starting over and it's literally kicking my butt! I definitely saw results after 2 weeks of doing the shred so that's why I'm going to finish it this time :smile:
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    This is my first try at it, so I am going to do each level in order, but with Sunday as my rest day....(maybe rest on Saturday too..depends on what time I wake up! :laugh: ) If the results are as good as I hope, I might piggy back them afterwards for another 30 days...do level1 & 2 on Monday, 2 & 3 on Tuesday etc...??? gotta live through this first :laugh:
  • yeags84
    yeags84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Until today, I had only ever done Level 1 (I've never been able to commit to it for more than a week). I did Level 1 on Weds & Thurs this week. I felt like I was getting a good workout, but I like a challenge, so I moved to Level 2 today.

DANG! It was a LOT harder for me! I did have to take a couple of 5 second breathers. I've been having problems with my shins/ankles hurting during the jumping, but the only thing that I really felt killed me was the plank jacks. I actually think I overextended my left knee doing them. :cry: Hopefully, ice will help, I really want to keep going and make it through 30DS!

Lauren
  • chipmunk_87
    chipmunk_87 Posts: 42
    Options
    I've been doing it the 'classic' 10-10-10 way. I did take two days off during level 1 though, so my 10th workout was Day 12. I just did Level 2 Day 1 today and it was HARD. I did nearly everything with Natalie but nearly died afterwards! I'm going to stick with it for 10 days though and then move to Level 3.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    so i'm sticking to the original 10-10-10 way for now and see how it goes :) i'm already feeling a difference in my tummy. I'm on L1D4
  • NdigoBlue
    NdigoBlue Posts: 37
    Options
    Just starting. Gonna do 10/10/10. L1D5. Had a rest day.