Whats your fitness goals?

Options
Z_I_L_L_A
Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
At 46 I've been wanting to compete in something since my progress has been pretty good.

Crossfit, Power lifting, Strongman comp., Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, Warrior Dash....
5k's,10k's,Marathons,

Anyone having success enough to do these? Who says people in their 40's can't be badass?

Replies

• Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My goal for the year is 13 10k events (for 2013) today I ran one in Windsor Great Park. This was number 6 and a PB of 57.34
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm saving my pennies for a racing bike. There is a large need for female Masters cyclists as most of those races end up being canceled due to lack of participation.

That is not a cheap sport, though. When you have to spend north of $5k just to get started without even knowing if you have what it takes, I can see why there is a shortage of racers.

For now, I'm participating in organized rides for charity on my slow bike (7 speed commuter bike. It's comfy but tops out at about 15mph on the flats, pedals just won't go any faster!). I did a 100k ride on April 28th and have a 100 MILE ride on July 20th.

Train, train, train! Gotta hit the gym more so I can take the hills faster, anyway.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I want to do a half-marathon and then a marathon!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I wanna move the planet to the left a little,lol.
  • KimberlyAndrews1
    KimberlyAndrews1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I want to eventually lose about 45 pounds. And I have a goal of walk/running a 5K June 1st, then hopefully run another 5K on Thanksgiving Day. I had joined a Couch to 5K last September and made it to week 8 mid October when I got a stress fracture to my ankle and had to drop out. I've been sedentary up until a April, that's when I started walking again. So I'm trying to ease back into it.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I want to get to 32 waist, Do at least 5 unassisted pull ups. and get down to 165 lbs.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm not competitive, except against myself. I'd like to get to the point where I can do twenty minutes to a half hour of breast stroke without stopping. I'd also like to learn the flipturn at the end of the pool lengths.