Brand new here with a question

Options
teachmissg
teachmissg Posts: 10 Member
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this group and have a question about the NROL4W. I plan to start the program next week. I am in fairly good shape (group fitness instructor). I teach 2 HIIT classes a week and 2 Yoga classes a week and weight lift on my own 2 days a week. I'm starting to wonder if this book is for beginners.
I've recently upped my calories, which I know is important, and I'm eager to get on a more regular lifting cycle. I want to lean out. Any thoughts on whether this books is for beginners?

I would like to lift heavier and get stronger, and I know the book is progressive, so I can start with whatever weight I need to. Just curious about those of you who've had great results with this, even if not a beginner.

(I really hope this doesn't sound arrogant, that's not what I'm trying to be)

Replies

• lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm at the end of stage 1 and I've had pretty great results so far (see profile pic).

I had been doing calorie management and cardio 3-5x/week and machine weight lifting for the past year or so before starting NROL4W. I'm a beginner to free weights, but not new to regular exercise, and I've always been pretty strong, but this program has let me progress well (i.e. started squatting 65 lb, now 135)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I was a beginner when I started it.
  • teachmissg
    teachmissg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm at the end of stage 1 and I've had pretty great results so far (see profile pic).

I had been doing calorie management and cardio 3-5x/week and machine weight lifting for the past year or so before starting NROL4W. I'm a beginner to free weights, but not new to regular exercise, and I've always been pretty strong, but this program has let me progress well (i.e. started squatting 65 lb, now 135)

Wow, You're squatting 135!!! That's great. Then maybe this is a great program for me. I just hit 110# squat yesterday (a new PR for me).
    Thanks for the feedback.

I am really excited about a program that's already set up for me. This is my last week of my HIIT classes. Beginning next week I am going to be focusing on just lifting and no cardio. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results.