Hi everyone

Options
LindaLou1397
LindaLou1397 Posts: 69 Member
Hi, I just joined this group. I am 64 and a type 2 diabetic for 19 years. I take insulin to control my diabetes and would like to lose weight to cut back on the amount of insulin I take and be healthier. I have been retired for two years and am a couch potato. Weight lose has been very slow, but steady. It is discouraging to see how fast younger women lose and know I used to be that way. I think I have been on every diet there is, I have reached my goal weight a couple of times, but ended up gaining all the weight I lost. Hopefully we can encourage each other and lose the weight and keep it off for a healthier future.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi toadbaby, welcome to the group. It is hard to see the young crowd lose fast, but at least we now know we can too. It just takes time and patience. And I learned here it is not a diet, it is a way of life. Good luck to you on your journey. We have lots of good people here.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hi Toadbaby.....it is definitely harder the older we get..but slow and sure and we get there...as has been said, this has to be a lifestyle change rather than a diet........ I have just a few pounds left to lose and am really more maintaining at the moment...... but this site, the great Database, logging and keeping company with good people is keeping me on the straight and narrow.......

I am sure it will work for you too....

Jean
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi Toadbaby. I'm adding my welcome to all the others.

I'll be 64 later this year. When I turned 50 I quit smoking and gained 30 lbs. I've been losing the same 25-30 lbs ever since. I lost a
    About 5 lbs before I joined this group and have lost 16 lbs since joining MFP a year ago. It frustratingly slow, but it is staying gone. Mostly, I think of this as a lifestyle change that will help me stay fit and healthy for the rest of my life.

You will get lots of encouragement here and, hopefully, it will help.
  • grandmafish6
    grandmafish6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Toadbaby- I am back AGAIN --- hoping to find nice folks like you to keep me here and to get moving -- I am soon to be 63 year-old grandma with 6 grandkids -- we can do it together....hoping to hear from you soon. It is very is difficult to keep going, but with kind folks you meet on here --- weight loss friends --- it is motivation.