new to the group

Options
Smash666
Smash666 Posts: 42 Member
Hello I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I've bin strength training for a while now and just recently added HIIT training to my routine. LOVE it so far and looking to make some fellow HIIT loving friends.

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I saw that my friend rayne666 joined this group (above), and figured I would join as well. I've been gradually incorporating HIIT into my fitness program for the past few weeks.

I listened to a great podcast episode on HIIT and now am looking to fit it into my program a bit more often. Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://www.brinkzone.com/general-fitness-info/brinkzone-radio-covers-hiit-training/
  • Smash666
    Smash666 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • xtina_p
    xtina_p Posts: 3
    Options
    i love that there are some folks here are doing DailyHiit too! what are you recording for the # of calories burned?

i'm also hoping that with this group it'll keep me motivated. it's hard to do it all alone!
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi X_Tina,

I"m doing dailyhiit.com, and have gone about it two ways. One way, I was told by a MFP user, was to log a hiit workout as about a 25-30 minute Calisthenics - Vigorous Effort workout. Even though the workouts may be 12-20 min, this takes into account the extra after-burn of a Hiit workout. This person also did a comparison for me for the afterburn, so that I wasn't OVER estimating how much i was burning later - it was only about an extra 70 cal. That was very helpful:)

The other way I did it was to take my heart rate, plug it into an online calculator with minutes actually burned, and use that. That number was significantly higher, as I do work my *kitten* off on those workouts. I added that as a personal workout to my database, so using that, if i do a longer or shorter hiit workout, it adjusts the calories.
  • xtina_p
    xtina_p Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks for the reply! i'm looking forward to doing the hiit workout tonight. i was doing so well a month ago but stopped. need to get back into it!