Newcomer !!

Options
Hey All,

Im Dave, 32 from London UK . . . . . .

Ive started this diet today after 2 stone 5lbs on the Lighterlife diet. Was so parinoid about all the weight back after coming off the diet as you dont eat anything on the diet food wise ( soups, shakes ). It was so anti social but gave me the kick I needed, so I heard of this diet and thought I would give it a go !!!

Be great to hear from you all with support, ideas, cooking tips, exercise etc . . . .

Please feel free to add me and look forward to hearing from you soon :)

Dave

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    My basic advice is fairly easy:
    1) No sugar and avoid artificial sweeteners
    2) Avoid starches
    3) Focus on lean meats (fish, chicken, turkey, lean beef), fresh veggies and non-tropical fruit.
    4) No beer (2 glasses of red win or 2 clear liquid alcohol neat or on the rocks per day are ok).
    5) Do something that makes you sweat for at least 30 minutes, five days per week.
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    Welcome, Dave...are those onion rings on your eyes???

You mentioned the other thing being anti-social; that's one of the cool things about MFP...you can be as social or private as you want. There are lots of folks on here that post comments/suggestions all day long, and others who just track their progress and occasionally read what others have posted. You'll find it all...

This particular board (Male Stop) might be just what you're looking for...in addition to what Amisnercpa said, do your best to be honest with yourself when posting your food and exercise...good luck!
  • Nah113
    Nah113 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave:

Welcome to the Male Stop. Those prepackaged, eat only my stuff and nothing else diets are a load of junk because, sometime you must start eating like a normal man again. I've dropped 27 lbs since Feb 1 by just keeping up with the calorie tracker. For me, the rule is that all foods are OK but, not the best choice for me all the time. Example: I had some very good BBQ ribs for lunch so, I have to compensate for it by having a lighter dinner. If you'll keep track of the calories consumed and the exercise as well, you'll do just fine.

One trap I did fall into was getting stuck for a month on a plateau. My daily allowance is 1870 calories before I add in any exercise. Before I dropped the first 20 lbs it was over 2100. I was still eating the old way so I got stuck. Over it now but it is good to know what happened.

Welcome to the group!