Weekly Chat Thread Mon 5/6 - Sun 5/12

Options
Thought I'd help out :flowerforyou:

Onto Week 2 of TurboFire for me!

Replies

• CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    This is week 1 day 3 for me. Today I think will be Fire 45 Stretch 10. I did HIIT yesterday.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Done with Turbo Fire. 20 weeks, 24lbs lost. Will still be incorporating TF in my new workout routine but focusing more on strength training . Just remember....YOU'RE NOT TIRED.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Fire 30 + Tone 30 done! Posted my 3 month pics on the success forum if ya'll wanted to check it out! 20 lbs down and I think there is a big difference so I wanted to share!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/980245-20-lbs-down-3-month-progress-pics
  • kaceyb10
    kaceyb10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 2 of Turbo with Fire45 this morning!! I have heard it is a lot of people's favorite, so I am excited to do it!!
  • stephcarin
    stephcarin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Onto week 4 today! Just did Fire 45 and it kicked my butt, but I'm still not tired! (;

Have a beautiful week, Turbo Hotties!
  • diva099
    diva099 Posts: 42
    Options
    This is week seven for me but I did five weeks of the Prep Schedule first so this would make the second week of the regular schedule for me if that makes any sense.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Fire45EZ+Stretch10=DONE:bigsmile:

Day 54 straight for me!! Almost time for Weeks 9-12 :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • lremi
    lremi Posts: 59
    Options
    Day one week 9. Strep throat made me delay a bit but got it done today! hiit15 and sculpt 30
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Done with Turbo Fire. 20 weeks, 24lbs lost. Will still be incorporating TF in my new workout routine but focusing more on strength training . Just remember....YOU'RE NOT TIRED.

Way to go!! Congratulations on making it through the 20 weeks and 24lbs is an amzing loss! What will your new routine consist of? I'm still trying to find a good balance post-turbofire lol.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    Fire 45 & Stretch 10 done...
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Fire 55 EZ done!!! Week 5 started today!! Yay!!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Way to go!! Congratulations on making it through the 20 weeks and 24lbs is an amzing loss! What will your new routine consist of? I'm still trying to find a good balance post-turbofire lol.

Thanks butterfycz, though I'm not quite ready for the bikini shots...yet. Right now my new routine consists of Hiit/Strength Training 3 days a week and Cardio (either TF or Jillian Michaels) 3 days a week and a day of rest, which for me will probably be yoga. I picked up New Rules of Lifting for Women, hoping to step up my workout.
  • hlsours1
    hlsours1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 1. Has anyone else had a weight gain in the beginning? I noticed I'm up almost 3lbs. Don't know if it's just me or if it's normal.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Fire 55EZ done...again!! Looks like I will be have to get used to this and Fire 30 for the next 4 weeks haha...twice a week?? Couldn't they have switched it up a tiny bit more haha?
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    I am starting week 2 of Turbo with Fire45 this morning!! I have heard it is a lot of people's favorite, so I am excited to do it!!

I think I know why this is a lot of people's favorite - After Week 1 she (and YOU) has built your stamina up so much that you can do this workout no problem!

I just did this one yesterday and when Charlene said "you aren't tired" she wasn't lying! I had the energy to do the workout and then some.

Only annoying thing was the sweat I had to keep wiping away...eventually it just got funny. I never thought I'd be able to work out like that :P
  • diva099
    diva099 Posts: 42
    Options
    HIIT 25 done it was intense but I made it through, Fire 45 is my fav I love the songs on there..... Boom I Got Your Boyfriend!!!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Fire 55EZ done...again!! Looks like I will be have to get used to this and Fire 30 for the next 4 weeks haha...twice a week?? Couldn't they have switched it up a tiny bit more haha?
    I got so sick of that one lol.

I did Fire 45 today. I have to get in a Fire 30/Sculpt 30 day and Core one day. I took this week to make up the 3 workouts I've missed so far, then will start the last HIIT phase on Saturday!
  • HeatherBrookmyer
    HeatherBrookmyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 1. Has anyone else had a weight gain in the beginning? I noticed I'm up almost 3lbs. Don't know if it's just me or if it's normal.

During week 2 I had a three pound gain, I repeated week 2 and lost the three pounds plus another 1/2 pound. I also raised my calories a bit during my repeat of week 2, I found that after my excercise calories were added in I was barely eating 1100 calories. I'm getting better, but still don't think I 'm eating enough.
  • HeatherBrookmyer
    HeatherBrookmyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Does everyone use a heart rate monitor to calculate their calorie burn? I use a cheaper one that I bought from Amazon and I feel like it calculates my burn so low, especially for the HIIT workouts I'm only burning 170 calories at best and I'm working my butt off at 191 lbs!! I've even tried leaving the monitor on for an hour or so after the workout since I know that the "afterburn" can go on for hours, but it usually only goes up about 20 calories...Maybe I'm not working as hard as I think I am?
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    Does everyone use a heart rate monitor to calculate their calorie burn? I use a cheaper one that I bought from Amazon and I feel like it calculates my burn so low, especially for the HIIT workouts I'm only burning 170 calories at best and I'm working my butt off at 191 lbs!! I've even tried leaving the monitor on for an hour or so after the workout since I know that the "afterburn" can go on for hours, but it usually only goes up about 20 calories...Maybe I'm not working as hard as I think I am?

My 20 HIIT/10 Stretch workout yesterday with my Sportline 630 calculated 241 @ 166lbs. I believe you should be burning more. Maybe the HRM you purchased isn't as accurate as it should be. Does it have a chest strap and also ask age/height/weight?

On a side note...my mom (who does not exercise) screwed up her rotator cuff this week and is "out of commission" for work until tomorrow at the least. I proceeded to show her Chalene's stretches and told her she should probably be doing those on a daily basis when her shoulder starts to feel better.

It's my rest day today....anyone else feel crappy on rest days? I feel like I'm going to have to get out and do SOMETHING today. I can't not workout now......how the hell did this happen!?!?! :glasses: