Almond milk

Options
FitinHonau
FitinHonau Posts: 63 Member
I just wanted to try Almond milk, but I have never seen one in Migros or Coop! The supermarkets in my area are small ones.

Does anybody know where to buy them?

Replies

• Beaupeep
    Beaupeep Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've seen it at Manor in Lausanne. Do you have Manor in that part of CH?
  • FitinHonau
    Options
    Yes we have! I will check this week! Thanks for the tip!
  • Ajesin
    Ajesin Posts: 6
    Options
    I found Mandeldrink from Dr. Ritter in the health food store in Emmen-Center, Emmenbrücke. I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for, I use it tfor smoothies.
  • FitinHonau
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I will check next time I go to the Emmen-Center. I do not live far. I want to use it for smoothies as well.
  • Surfskima
    Surfskima Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the Coops Almond Rice milk. in the egg section.
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering what this is all about. Is it low kcal ? Does it taste good ?
  • ginagp06
    ginagp06 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen coconut milk anywhere? I have a nut allergy and can't use almond milk, and I'm not a fan of soy milk.
  • aagaag
    aagaag Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Gina, just wanted to tell you that my wife is very active in an allergy awareness "pressure group". We have successfully lobbied for a school to ban peanuts - which is standard in the USA but unheard of in Switzerland. Our little daughter has a terrible peanut allergy, which she almost died of, so we are very invested in this. Originally the pre-kindergarten did not even want to enroll her (they told us: "we only accept healthy kids", can you imagine that?). But things are changing, and they change rapidly. I shall be happy to give you more details if you are interested.
  • ginagp06
    Options
    Thanks. I do not have a serious nut allergy -- eating/drinking nut products in larger quantities gives me migraine headaches but that's all. Thus I avoid it except in small portions, such as in chocolate or in a fruit/nut mix. But I applaud you for being able to make the progress you have with the schools. Congrats!
  • ginagp06
    Options
    By the way, I have seen almond milk at Edeka.