Phase 3 - Workout 12

Options
a_new_dawn
a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
FINISH STRONG!!!

This is it! An all out, pedal-to-the-metal blur of body sculpting and cardio bursts that max out your calorie burn and fat melting potential.

Warm up: Tap-ins, long jumps (2 back), knee-to-chest

Circuit 1: Lat pull with one leg bridge, alternating plank rows, tuck-to-sprawl, alternating pop-ups,cannonball jumps

Circuit 2: Wheel push-ups, Alternating dumbell rows/squat, reverse fly in plank, zig-zag jumps

Circuit 3: Cable teaser, Hip extension (cable lift), weighted power squats, speedbag kickouts

Circuit 4: Single leg squat jumps, bicep curls, dancing crab, hopping plyos

Replies

• staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Yeah! WO12 was a ton of fun. I'm not being a wise-*kitten*. It really is fun. The only thing that I will dread is Wheel Pushups. I'm not flexible, and I can't do them! But I modified and my muscles were still popping off of my body by the end of 30 seconds! Whew-hoo!

If I can do it, you guys can too!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Can "fun" and "muscles popping off my body" be used in the same sentence?? :huh: :tongue:
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    This is a great workout. Wheel push-ups are it's only downfall. Lol. Enjoy!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Oh wow, i loved the round of applause i got for reaching Workout 12! :laugh:

I did this today, even though i was still feeling VERY sore from yesterdays workout (WO11). My shoulders, triceps and quads are especially painful. But it's all good, it means i'm working hard and doing it right!

Quite a nice workout today, not too hard to push through bearing in mind that it is the final one of the series (and i was still recovering).

One issue i found though - i'm STILL having pressure issues with my wrists, they really disliked the wheel push-ups, but even so, i still managed to get 4 sets of 2-3 small reps in. I've decided to invest in some wrist supports, and will refrain from doing anything that puts pressure on my wrists until they arrive...i can usually push through discomfort, but this feels different - and i'd rather be safe than sorry!

Teasers - I found that my generic cable was too tight to get the full range of motion when it was wrapped round my feet twice, once provided enough resistance.

I'm looking forward to cardio tomorrow - less controlled resistance moves will give my poor muscles time to recover.

edit 12/3/13 - i forgot to add that i still have to use my 5.5lbs for lat pulls , even though Jillian tells you to use 8's.. I just can't get the full range of motion if i go heavier. I AM going heavier on the 3lb moves though, so that kinda balances it out for me :laugh:
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I did 6 wheel push-ups in a row woo-hoo!

Ok, so they weren't as low as the guys on the DVD and were done more quickly, but hey it's a tough move to master!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Workout 12 is done!!!

I've not really got much to say today, my progress pretty much echos yesterdays comment.

I've seen a massive improvement in my strength and balance. I didn't go lower than 5.5's on the moves, and i can match tempo of balance moves with much improved form.

I loved my little round of applause at the end! It actually makes you feel quite proud of how far you have come! :smile:
  • harlychic
    harlychic Posts: 58
    Options
    Awesome terrific great what more can I said JOB WELL DONE :drinker:
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was first time to do WO 12 and I sweated like nobody's business- what a session! OK I had issues with the wheel push ups so I figured I have 2 weeks to improve. Could get up but could not do a push up...:grumble: So my goal is to do at least one wheel push up before ending the program next week!
  • ElleRose101
    ElleRose101 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love WK 12...but those wheel pushups are rough. Will try to master them over the next week and a half.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Who did 5 wheel push-ups on the 1st attempt ?!? Me Me ME ???????????????? Workout 12 is death thou lol
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    Oh, man! I am scared. I start Week 11 on Monday! I do find the exercises are hard the first few times but by the time I get them mastered, the 2 weeks is over! Think I'm going to keep doing these workouts during the summer.
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really love this workout too.:heart: I can actually do everything and even keep up with all the moves except for the wheel push ups. I pathetically hoist myself up and then collapse repeatedlyuntil the wheel push up time is over! Besides that little problem this workout makes me feel like a badass!!! :laugh:
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really love this workout too.:heart: I can actually do everything and even keep up with all the moves except for the wheel push ups. I pathetically hoist myself up and then collapse repeatedlyuntil the wheel push up time is over! Besides that little problem this workout makes me feel like a badass!!! :laugh:

Okay so just getting back to this. Today was time four for this workout and so I am almost a JMBR graduate bar cardio 3 tomorrow. This wo is still one of my favourites but this morning I could still not do the wheel push ups which didn't really surprise me. This afternoon I had a go at doing them just to show my son how I can't do them and actually I can do them quite well (with the proper up/down movement) just not during the programme. So perhaps it is not the wheel push ups themselves that are so difficult but the fact that your arms have been brutally punished by previous the exercises! lol... Guess my arms just can't take the beating!!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    WO 11 and WO 12 are better then WO 9 and WO 10... but is she kidding me on the wheel push ups???
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I can't even do a wheel push up..Lol
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Can I just say HELL YAH!!!!! Today was my 3rd time doing WO12, and for the first time, I actually did the wheel pushups during the second rotation of Circuit 2. The first time I did it last week, I could barely get up into position let alone hold wheel. Second time, I was able to hold. First rotation, I held then thought, just try. They weren't as deep as they could be, but I'M GETTING STRONGER!!! Ok, sorry for yelling. I'm just super excited about my growth. I hope you all are enjoying this final push to the end.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am done!!!! :)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Congrats HK and Rita! I am doing WO 12 for the first time this go around and I am hoping I can actually do that wheel push-up. Do you think it's really all strength and not much to do with flexibility?
  • Scilla887
    Scilla887 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was nervous about doing workout 12 because I hear that these wheel push-ups are crazy to do. I'm proud to say I can do them with no problem. My boyfriend can't really do them. He said it's because I'm flexible enough to do the wheel. I find workout 11 to be more tough than workout 12. Today is cardio 3! Cardio 3 is tough! I'm suppose to be taking it easy until my doctor's appt. because I have been having this discomfort in my hip. It's not really painful. I can workout through it. I took off a week from the program to rest it, but the discomfort is still there. That's when I decide to make an appt. Is anyone else having hip issues?