Commitment 5/7 Tuesday

Options
krk5235
krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
First of all thanks to WarriorPrincessDi and CurtnTrina for helping out with the threads the last couple days, apparently it will be better if I do the posts the prior evening as my mornings are quite hectic. So thanks gang, this weight loss thingy sure is better with friends who are a HUGE help, thanks!
So Tuesday 5/7, obviously everyone's lives are busy here in springtime, so keep focused on the goals you set, what do you wish to attain today, remember your doing this for yourself, family, and friends. So far everyone is doing fantastic, goals are being made or you're biting that lower lip and assuring yourself to not slip back into old habits and pushing yourself on!!! WAY TO GO, keep it up, push me too, as I slipped a little in determination the last couple days.

Replies

• krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Monday, I had to force myself to take my hike, worked late, made supper, and then its almost dark. So I plan to get some exercise in earlier on Tuesday, whether its biking or hiking, I am going to go for an hour.
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    Although I did some vigorous house cleaning yesterday and logged the calories burned, I don't feel like I "exercised" either. I'll do an hour walk today.
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am taking it easy until the shin splint heals. I will take the long way to the restroom and breakroom at work. I will park the car far away. But no real exercise for me today.

I will continue to plan my meals and eat according to plan.
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    May 7th Commitment:

-Walk 13,000 steps
    -Eat within my calorie budget
    -Drink 8 glasses of water (I left my waterbottle at home so this is going to be tough!)
    -Walk 1 mile during work
    -Not eat out tonight!! :)

Great job ladies and gentleman!
    *I haven't weighed in yet because my scale is broken...ordered a new one though and it should be here by next weigh in!*
  • missharleychick
    Options
    First of all thanks to WarriorPrincessDi and CurtnTrina for helping out with the threads the last couple days, apparently it will be better if I do the posts the prior evening as my mornings are quite hectic. So thanks gang, this weight loss thingy sure is better with friends who are a HUGE help, thanks!
    So Tuesday 5/7, obviously everyone's lives are busy here in springtime, so keep focused on the goals you set, what do you wish to attain today, remember your doing this for yourself, family, and friends. So far everyone is doing fantastic, goals are being made or you're biting that lower lip and assuring yourself to not slip back into old habits and pushing yourself on!!! WAY TO GO, keep it up, push me too, as I slipped a little in determination the last couple days.

Whew, glad to know I am not the only one who struggles when life whizzes by... I have been so busy over the weekend, I have not been able to get on since last Thurday. I am here... I have not completely fallen off the bandwagon... In fact, Im still losing so I guess that is a good thing? Not sure how that is happening as I have not been able to track my diet...but perhaps I have fallen into a routine and have not needed to count every single calorie?? I know that I blew it Friday night...that is for sure.

Im really struggling trying to find time to work out. I have not done anything since last Thursday. It makes me feel like a loser... Seriously. yesterday I got up at 3:20 with the baby, then got ready for work and came in since I had been late recently. So I made it a point to leave extra early to get my butt to work. Then I left work, came home...was on baby duty until 7:30 since the hubs wasn't home. I then went got a massage and came home....was in bed by 10.... Literally, crazy schedule. Not that anyone wants to hear about my boring life.

It sure is refreshing to come back and see normal people with lives just like me, it puts my whole goal back in perspective. I promise I won't quit, but some days are excruciating hard!!!

I love this board...
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I am taking it easy until the shin splint heals. I will take the long way to the restroom and breakroom at work. I will park the car far away. But no real exercise for me today.

I will continue to plan my meals and eat according to plan.

Oh no, I think mine finally healed... Painful, and its a huge setback. Don't give up, there are other things you can do to keep active. I know I did elliptical or a stationary bike for a few days while my shin was healing...(perhaps not smart? lol) Hang in there, it will heal and it won't set you back...because you will bounce back.
  • missharleychick
    Options
    My plan is to not over commit, because when I do and cannot meet my goals, it internally eats me up. I must allow myself with not working out 2 hours a day, with 3 kids and a career...how is that possible?

My goal today is the following-

During one of my breaks at work (ha ha) I will walk around the pond. 4 laps is a mile, I can do one mile in 15 minutes no problem. I will force myself to take one break no matter what.

When I get home, I will do a jog. Shin splint finally feeling better. I have not been to the running store, but have an older pair of running shoes that never gave me a problem. I just thought they were too big for me, lol.

My bonus will be to fit in a 30 minute exercise plan at home, such as part of P90, Pilates, Brazil Butt Lift or anything else I have purchased and never completed lol.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options

No problem what-so-ever; many hands make light work I believe is how the saying goes :)

My commitment today is to walk with a friend after work, and as always try and improve my strength with some training at home afterwards.. If I am going to do good in the mud run in July, I have to work hard now! :)
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options

No problem what-so-ever; many hands make light work I believe is how the saying goes :)

My commitment today is to walk with a friend after work, and as always try and improve my strength with some training at home afterwards.. If I am going to do good in the mud run in July, I have to work hard now! :)

No problem! Happy to help!

WarriorPrincessDi - I'm excited for you about the mud run! I want to do one some day but haven't signed up for one yet. Go you!
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'll do Day 7 of 30 DS tonight after my daughter goes to bed, and I'll do at least 2 miles on the treadmill. My thighs and calves are killing me - I think from Jillian - and I feel like I need to take it easy on running tonight. Once I get going I might change my mind though and do more.

Yesterday was a great day - I stayed within my calories, did Day 6 of 30 DS, walked 2 miles after dinner with my husband and daughter, then ran 4.25 miles on the treadmill after everyone went to bed. I wish I had that kind of motivation and will power every day!
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will do the "home work" given to me by my personal trainer and cardio for 30 minutes. This should burn sufficient calories.

A bit discouraged about my progress. It is turtle slow. :frown: :embarassed:
  • rde8jr
    rde8jr Posts: 34
    Options
    Well I missed my commitment by 50 calories. Uggh I will do better tonight.
  • angieshubin
    angieshubin Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    First commitment completed!! I worked out this morning!
    To help me meet my water goal for today, I made a jug of lemon, cucumber and ginger water. It turned our super good and should last throughout the day. Sometimes I need a bit of something in my water.
    I will walk on lunch break and walk and bike Ride tonight!
  • crystalball24
    Options
    I totally messed up this weekend, didn't watch what a ate and had to many drinks (My old friend was in town and we had WAY to much fun) But we did end up doing a big almost 3 hour hike on Sunday even though I wasn't feeling that good, so there's a plus!

I am on top of it for the rest of the week now, cause I really do feel so mad at myself! I woke up and rode my bike to work, so another nice bike ride after. I will be taking the dogs on walk this afternoon. I packed a healthy breakfast, lunch, and snacks today!
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    My goals today:
    - Gym for 20 minutes on Elliptical
    - Take supplements which aid in fat-burning (Green Coffee extract, CLA, B-12 & B-6).
    - Maintain focus on health and eating right.
    - Stay below 1800 net calories today. (have been averaging 2000 net calories per day for several weeks - so 1800 would be an improvement and the thought of it doesn't make me anxious).
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I rested, ate healthy, and drank a lot of water. Today I plan to walk and do lunges.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Walked 3 miles this morning despite the threat of rain (it was actually nice and cool) and came home and did 30DS. It was hard today. I really should do the shred before any other exercise, not after. Live and learn.

Today, I commit to figuring out something healthy to make for dinner (and going to the grocery store). I think I'll roast some cauliflower (my family loves that) and ... oh, I don't know. I need inspiration! After being the household cook for over 15 years, it's gets old, you know!
  • sophieburningham
    sophieburningham Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Been bank holiday weekend this weekend, so had Monday off with everyone, that plus birthdays has made today the first full diet day (as I've done exercise just not the diet side really) for a few days. Pulled a muscle in my neck to top it off so couldn't swim but that didn't stop me finding alternatives! I walked, ran on the spot once my neck was a little better, and tonight I've danced my head off to a CD and thinking I may have to make this a must for evenings! So much fun and so many calories burnt through that. On the upside my neck is almost fully recovered now so hopefully by tomorrow morning it should be well enough that I can get on and swim yay!
  • smittygirl
    smittygirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Excercise is never a problem for me, I feel bad if I dont get it in and feel great if I do.
    My troubles are my eating habits, they are horrible! So anytime I have a commitment it will have to do with food.

My commitment for today will be to not go over my calorie goal.
    I burned 600 calories today + 1200. 1800 calories should be more than enough!
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed the beautiful weather today. I walked and jogged this morning and I have spent the afternoon gardening and raking the lawn. I must say I am getting a great tan :smile: