Day 1

Options
HOY!

Last night the boyfriend and I took the dog for a decent run! (for me anyways)
Like I said.. I really hate running. but not only that, I have pretty severe asthma so it comes
with that added stress.

I was dying after 5 minutes of light jogging. it sucked to put it lightly. I didn't want to hold back the bf so I let him run.. (he ran the whole thing!!) I wish this asthma was non existent.

needless to say, I walked the majority of it, but the last id say 100 meters I jogged to the finish line.. I didn't care how much my lungs hurt (oiy and they were hurting.. its really a workout on its own just to control my breathing) but I did it! and it will hopefully only get better!!

after the run, the bf wanted to do some stair laps.. (not quite enjoyable)
he did about 5 sets and I did one! :( so sad!

But hey... one day at a time right!

After feeling exhausted and wobbly from the night, I got home and really felt great!

haven't had that feeling in a long time!

but boy was I hungry..
one of my goals is not to eat after 7 pm. although after a run it was quite difficult.. especially cause the bf has diabetes, he needs to eat immediately.. so he had a good hefty portion of shepards pie and potatoe salad and I had a couple pieces of melon and half a banana.. this will de my demise! I love to eat. I eat all the time, so definitely need to gain some will power! which I feel I am...

like I said.. one day at time

Hope Everyone had a successful day yesterday and wishing for another one today!!

:happy:

Replies

• arasky90
    arasky90 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey Lindsay, I went for a run too, just came back, the weather was gorgeous today!
    And the delicious cupcake I made the other day are FINALLY GONE!!!
    I ate one and I gave the other one to my housemate... sharing is caring right? :wink:

well done for your run yesterday! Now I need to have a shower and prepare dinner... probably eggs and salad.

good luck for day 2 tomorrow!
  • aanaheldd
    aanaheldd Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's great ladies! Good job trying Lindsay! I feel if you can run atleast a part of a walk, it's a start. And if you keep at it, it will get better!
    I have a huge struggle with wanting sweet things so last night I got some fruit, and it helped! I did the Rocking Body dance workout DVD for 45 mins and afterwords, boy did I want some snacks. I at a lot of fruit. But hey! Fruit is better then a package of Oreos!

Keep up the good work!
  • AlexT29
    AlexT29 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sticking with it! I'm just getting back into running, and one minute is trying for me - so I think 5 is quite impressive. :happy:

My husband is a runner (went to xc nationals a couple times in college), and it is frustrating running with him. I can't keep up with him on his "easy" days. But I just keep in mind that at least I'm doing better than yesterday.
  • islander85
    islander85 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Just starting back my diet and exercise program. Doing the 5:2 diet and exercising when I feel like it lol! Really want to get back into running as I want to do a 5k Race for Life for Cancer Research UK but went running last week and only lasted 8 mins before I had to stop! What a joke lol! So this week Im working on building up my stamina. Good look to all! :smile:
  • Sweetlyxo
    Sweetlyxo Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouraging words!
    Glad to hear you all having a good start to your goals!!

MMM I love cupcakes! I always make too much and then pawn them out cause I feel guilty eating them all!
  • christinalewisburgess
    Options
    Yesterday, was my first day dieting! I lost 1lb already and that was with me not exercising yesterday. Im doing 1500 calorie diet, and today, I walked on my tredmill with an incline for 45 mins and I also managed to have 500 calories left for the day! Im soo proud that just counting the calories helps me cut back.
    For me, if I crave something sweet, I decided to replace chips, ice-cream, candy, etc. with a Whole Grain Gronala bar. For some odd reason, it does the trick for me and it also helps curb the appetite! Good Luck, Everyone!