Recovery Week

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Are y'all still hanging in there? lol I couldn't get through Core Cardio & Balance yesterday because we decided it was a good day to kill our legs in the gym -_-. So today should be better :)

Replies

• kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm still in it! :) I need to do the last pure cardio and plyometric workouts since I'm a little bit behind but I will doing those this week. It's just been gorgeous out here in Michigan so I've been taking advantage of working out outside. And..my back was hurting me for a bit so I figured jumping wasn't the best for it. I'll probably aim to do at least 1 or 2 of the recovery ones for this week...I just really really really am addicted to working out so I'm not a huge fan of the recovery ones...even though I know that they will be super beneficial to me especially since I am not flexible at all!!

However, I think insanity is definitely helping me with my running! I can run a good while now with minimal breaks and I'm faster...yayyy :)

How is everyone else doing???? :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I'm still in it! :) I need to do the last pure cardio and plyometric workouts since I'm a little bit behind but I will doing those this week. It's just been gorgeous out here in Michigan so I've been taking advantage of working out outside. And..my back was hurting me for a bit so I figured jumping wasn't the best for it. I'll probably aim to do at least 1 or 2 of the recovery ones for this week...I just really really really am addicted to working out so I'm not a huge fan of the recovery ones...even though I know that they will be super beneficial to me especially since I am not flexible at all!!

However, I think insanity is definitely helping me with my running! I can run a good while now with minimal breaks and I'm faster...yayyy :)

How is everyone else doing???? :)

Yay! I don't blame you for getting outside :) I alsoa gree with the Insanity helping with running. I actually gave jogging a try the other day at thje gym to warm up before my leg workout and surprised the hell out of myself by being able to run at 5 and 5.5 mph for a few minutes each! I doubted myself lol. It's so hard for me to run because it gets so hard for me to breathe.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    You ladies are so strong!!! I'm going to be setting my DVD's aside for a bit. I am already getting in too much cardio, and need to focus on more strength training. So, 3 days a week I'm adding in a good full body workout. I also wasn't seeing any changes in following insanity. Not that I don't think it works; I think I'm already pretty active so my results are not as evident. I have some muscle imbalances that need corrected so I don't injure myself while training for my marathons, so I'm taking the road to strength training for the time being. I'll still be following along and watching your progress!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    You ladies are so strong!!! I'm going to be setting my DVD's aside for a bit. I am already getting in too much cardio, and need to focus on more strength training. So, 3 days a week I'm adding in a good full body workout. I also wasn't seeing any changes in following insanity. Not that I don't think it works; I think I'm already pretty active so my results are not as evident. I have some muscle imbalances that need corrected so I don't injure myself while training for my marathons, so I'm taking the road to strength training for the time being. I'll still be following along and watching your progress!

pump that iron! I do that as well 2-3 times a week. I couldn't get my chest and back workout in yesterday because I was feeling ill from soemthng I ate so it was all I could do to get Insanity done lol. I might combine a quick chest/back with my arms and shoulders workout today though. We shall see.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better today!!
  • nikkidoll80
    nikkidoll80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had to lay off of insanity to let my body heal but I will be starting back up soon. Keep pushing ladies...I am with you all in spirit.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I had to lay off of insanity to let my body heal but I will be starting back up soon. Keep pushing ladies...I am with you all in spirit.

Sometimes rest is needed :). I hope you are able to get back into it.

I am loving recovery week :). The hip flexor and shoulder burners are killer and I LOVE IT! haha I'm ready for phase 2 though... "where the magic happens" they say. Being that I am more focused and my AI issue is more under control I think I'll be able to give it everything this round and actually see the magic happen. Last year I started to go downhill in phase 2 and couldn't really push myself which was SUPER disappointing.