Visiting Sydney for first time

Options
charm_quark
charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
Hello everyone!
In about 3 weeks, I'm gonna travell to Sydney (from Greece) for first time in my life and live there for pretty much time.

If you have to suggest any attraction / interesting place to visit, please do it.
We plan to visit the aquarium at first (me and hubby are aquarists and wouldn't miss it for any reason).
Also, I might need some advice, about shopping (food, clothes... ) and pretty much everything about life in Sydney.

Feel free to add me if you want.

Thank you all!

Replies

• charm_quark
    Options
    bump...:flowerforyou:
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am in Brisbane - about an hours flight away from Sydney. FR sent
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi. Live in Sydney myself. The Harbour Bridge climb might interest u and your husband if you are adventurous. Spectacular views of Sydney and get some exercise calories too. Other attractions include Taronga Zoo, Luna Park and of course catch an event at the Sydney Opera House.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I live in Sydney. It is getting colder at the moment so be prepared. Have a weekend at the Central coast and see a game of football (nrl is big in Sydney). The Rocks have great markets during the day and a ghost tour at night. If you are willing to travel the hunter valley is winery heaven and you can see it via air ballon.

Clothes. Our sizes are completely different from other countries so try them on. Best place to shop is DFO at homebush.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I can never visit Sydney without going to China Town! Try some Yum Cha. Love it!
  • leelu137
    leelu137 Posts: 46
    Options
    Visit the rocks and go to the observatory
    Do a bridge climb
    North head quarantined station tour
    Harbour cruise or jet boating on the harbour
    Go to manly or bondi beach
    Go to the blue mountains and see the three sisters or do some bush walking or go to scenic world.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If forgot to say the aquarium at Darling Harbour is amazing or was last time I was there a while ago.
  • charm_quark
    Options
    Hello!!!! And thanks all of you for your suggestions! 3 weeks left!
    I know it's getting colder there and loosing summer in Greece is the only disadvantage of this trip. :laugh:
    We'll be together with hubby after 4 months being apart, so it doesn't matter me at all! :love: :love: