Hello - I'm New

Options
Hi! I can't tell you how glad I am to find this group. I have been recently diagnosed as non-celiac gluten/wheat intolerant. Reading over the board this morning it seems I'm not as alone with this diagnosis as I thought.

I have been having a really hard time lately with this new way of life. This past weekend I decided to get back in focus and get healthy. I used to be a clean-eater and I am thinking I need get back to that. I have been a member of MFP for a while, but I haven't used it regularly. That will hopefully change today. I also hope to learn from all of you who have been dealing with this life style.

Looking forward to getting to know some new friends as I begin this new journey.

PB

Replies

• jewelsbehm
    jewelsbehm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there! No, you are definitely not alone. :) Glad you found your way here. I went gluten free in February and it's made such a difference. Those first few weeks are really rough as you try to figure out what you can and can't eat and how to cope in various situations. I'm still learning!

I, too, had stopped using MFP for a while but between the gluten thing and getting tested for food allergies and sensitivities, I started using it again and it's really helped. I've been concentrating more on eating whole foods and staying away from processed food.

Feel free to add me if you'd like! Looking forward to getting to know you. :) Bw, I love your profile picture!
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I am gluten free and have been for about 10 years, I am celiac, and I try to eat fairly well, but I love carbs and sweets. My daughter eats super healthy so I try to do some of what she does. Feel free to add me if you like, although I travel a lot and sometimes don't check in every day. :)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi

Feel free to add me - been gluten free for over 20 years now.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am a gluten free pescetarian! i'm constantly trying to be creative and stay within goals.

Anyone add me!
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Oh you are deff not alone. Welcome! I've been GF for going on three years now, and I still sometimes struggle with staying that way. But it's worth it, you will feel so much better. Feel free to friend me if you would like. I can help you with recipes, or just some much needed encouragement. Once again Welcome!!
  • fightingiris
    fightingiris Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this forum too. I've done GF for about a year now because of health issues and a diagnosed gluten allergy but lately I have not done so well. I can feel my issues coming back so I really need to get it together. Feel free to add me as well.
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome! You'll find there's a lot of support for celiac/gluten intolerant people on MFP :)
  • jsam163
    jsam163 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've been gluten free for a little over a year now -- It gets easy I swear!!! I do recall standing in the aisles of the grocery store during the first few weeks, and being brought to tears about how much was going to have to change (and I'm usually really great about change!) And over how restricted I felt.... I am now a gluten free vegan and I have to say, just being gluten free was a piece of gluten free cake!! You can definitely do it. I didn't start to feel better until about 3 months in... so hang in there, the reward is coming!!