Order of doing weights Help please

Options
emmaroid1981
emmaroid1981 Posts: 45 Member
Hi

I have just started new rules of lifting for women. I am only on stage 1 second workout (b). My question is, I do my workout out probably the busiest time in the gym due to work and home commitments. What I wanted to know is it important that I do the weights in exactly the order it says on the workout, including doing the alternating ones, or can i just make sure they are done. I don't think it is fair of me in the gym to hold up say the mat area up and a weights machine at the same time. How important is it to do in the order the book says?

Hope this make sense.

Cheers

Replies

• DFineMrsRicks
    DFineMrsRicks Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. When someone is using a weight I need or ball, I just move on to the next work out and come back later. I feel doing something is better than doing nothing. It's oK if you can't do them in order, just do it.
  • jsextrasmooth
    jsextrasmooth Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Technically you may not be getting the best out of your workout by not doing the moves in the sequence suggested, but I honestly doubt it matters, particularly in Stage 1. Out of sequence is better than getting cold waiting for someone else to finish.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I try my hardest to do the big compound lifts (squats, deadlifts) at the beginning before my muscles are fatigued. Sometimes it doesn't work if someone is camped out forever in the squat rack. If equipment is unavailable, I will switch up the order of the supersets, or sometimes I will decide not to superset and do exercises one at a time. If the gym is busy, or someone is using a piece of equipment that I need, I just do the best I can.