Using the C25K free app

Options
I just started using the C25K app on my iphone. When I let the phone go to sleep, I no longer hear the voice telling me when to switch intervals. What am I doing wrong? Help?

Replies

• gabelle321
    gabelle321 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. So hopefully someone out there can help.
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    Bump...........anyone?
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when my phone was on silent. I could hear the music through the headphones so I thought it was fine but if the screen was off the voice was silent. So make sure your sound is on! Does that make sense? Lol
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    Perfect Sense! Thank you, will try that this afternoon when I run.
  • Life_Is_Good2_Me
    Life_Is_Good2_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest making sure the volume is turned all the way up. If mine isn't turn up, I have trouble hearing it too. Good luck! I'm proud of you for getting out there!
  • lhogan50
    lhogan50 Posts: 22
    Options
    i just make sure the app is up and running. My iphone will not sleep while the app is running. I use a fanny pack to hold my phone while I run and I have not had any problems. Just dont hit the top button to lock your phone and you should be good.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest making sure the volume is turned all the way up. If mine isn't turn up, I have trouble hearing it too. Good luck! I'm proud of you for getting out there!

I don't have an iPhone, but ^^ happens on my android. even though it makes the music quiet, it's really not that loud of an app.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    If I listen to music through my iphone while I have the C25K app running I only get a vibration at the change points -- if I listen to music through the C25K app itself I hear the voice. I have never had a problem with the phone asleep - in fact I lock it up to save battery when I am running and still hear the voice.

If you have an iPhone not silenced and the volume all the way up it should work even when it's locked. Investigate the music options -- are you using your own iPod music on the phone? maybe that is it.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Which app are you using? I don't have this problem with my Zenlabs app on my iphone but I downloaded a different one just to compare to zenlabs (sorry can't remember what one) and it kept going to 'sleep' on me.