The Black Team Loft !

Options

Replies

• jellybelly1986
    Options
    Lets get the black team higher up the team table too!!

:)

Well Done Squishypop
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    fantastic job, squishypop!!!!!! way to go!

as far as this weeks challenge:

worked out 3 times this week, so far

done all the crunches (135)

done 140 squats so far

will be moving this weekend - so plan on counting that for my something new

have eaten breakfast every day this week

hopefully, the scale will move this weekend.
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey Black Team !! Congrats to Squishy :drinker: My progress for this week:
    Mon: Step Class 1hr cardio
    Tues: Elliptical Machine C25K on Treadmill 1hr cardio
    Wed : Step Class 1hr cardio
    Thu: I did my something new well something Different instead of strength training at the gym I did a strength training video at home with dumbbell's Tamilee Webb's I Want Those Arms and Quick Fix Arm and Leg Combo and Leg Blaster 1h 20 min
    that was actually a good workout I just may do that once a week
    Now them crunches I did manage to do 45 so far I got down on the floor did the crunches and just layed there for 1/2 hour. My daughter came home from school and was like "What you doing on the floor!!" She just started cracking up laughing. I hate getting on the floor. On the other hand I really need to clean the junk from under my bed!! Anyhow I will try to get the rest of the crunches done ...
    As for breakfast I have no problem eating breakfast every morning
    I do squats all the time sometimes just randomly between commercial breaks while watching tv but I haven't really been keeping count this week.
    That's all I got for now
    Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    ae5d6172734b094.gif
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Let's see if I can remember everything I need to list out

1. I've eaten breakfast every day except Tuesday. Tuesday I had to fast for a doctor's appointment. I didn't get out of there until 10:45 which is almost my lunch time, so I just ate lunch.

2. Something different is that I have been only able to ride the stationary bike and do squats for about a month, per doctors orders. I actually went to my evening gym class Monday and did the mid-term assessment. I was able to do a couple more crunches and 7 additional push ups.

3. So far I have completed 45 bicycle crunches and 260 squats this week. I've also done 157 push ups.

4. I've road the stationary bike at the morning gym this week but I can't remember whether it was 3 days or 4 days so far.

Hope that's everything I need to list.
  • pjgreen0830
    Options

1. I've eaten breakfast every day except Tuesday. Tuesday I had to fast for a doctor's appointment. I didn't get out of there until 10:45 which is almost my lunch time, so I just ate lunch.

2. Something different is that I have been only able to ride the stationary bike and do squats for about a month, per doctors orders. I actually went to my evening gym class Monday and did the mid-term assessment. I was able to do a couple more crunches and 7 additional push ups.

3. So far I have completed 45 bicycle crunches and 260 squats this week. I've also done 157 push ups.

4. I've road the stationary bike at the morning gym this week but I can't remember whether it was 3 days or 4 days so far.

Just heard back from Marcelka77. I am to count Tuesday as though I did have breakfast since I was unable to avoid not eating due to the doctor.
  • kendallsauntie
    kendallsauntie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yeah! We are all doing AWESOME! Don't forget to send me your weigh in information! There will be a reminder later today.
  • jellybelly1986
    Options
    SOOOOOOO excited to weigh in tomorrow!

Never thought i'd say that!

• katonaroof
    Options
    SOOOOOOO excited to weigh in tomorrow!

Never thought i'd say that!

that's really cool!!!!!!!! excited to see how it goes! :smile:
  • Jayni40
    Options
    Hey Black Team !! Congrats to Squishy :drinker: My progress for this week:
    Mon: Step Class 1hr cardio
    Tues: Elliptical Machine C25K on Treadmill 1hr cardio
    Wed : Step Class 1hr cardio
    Thu: I did my something new well something Different instead of strength training at the gym I did a strength training video at home with dumbbell's Tamilee Webb's I Want Those Arms and Quick Fix Arm and Leg Combo and Leg Blaster 1h 20 min
    that was actually a good workout I just may do that once a week
    Now them crunches I did manage to do 45 so far I got down on the floor did the crunches and just layed there for 1/2 hour. My daughter came home from school and was like "What you doing on the floor!!" She just started cracking up laughing. I hate getting on the floor. On the other hand I really need to clean the junk from under my bed!! Anyhow I will try to get the rest of the crunches done ...
    As for breakfast I have no problem eating breakfast every morning
    I do squats all the time sometimes just randomly between commercial breaks while watching tv but I haven't really been keeping count this week.
    That's all I got for now
    Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    ae5d6172734b094.gif

So for the rest of the week:
    Friday: Rest Day
    Sat: Strength Training + 45 Min Cardio I did another 45 bicycle crunches that's only 90 don't think I'll be getting the rest in Sorry =(
    I did eat breakfast every morning this week no recipe
    Thats it for me until next weeks challenge......
  • pjgreen0830
    Options

Just heard back from Marcelka77. I am to count Tuesday as though I did have breakfast since I was unable to avoid not eating due to the doctor.

All together for the week I've:

Completed 6 days of workouts
    Went back to kickboxing after missing for a month (my something different)
    Did 160 bicycle crunches (lost track of how many I completed prior so did more tonight than I needed)
    Tomorrow is Sunday and it is my rest day
    Since Marcelka77 said to count Tuesday since lack of breakfast was doctor imposed, I will have eaten breakfast every day
    I posted my favorite breakfast recipe but no pic
  • katonaroof
    Options
    fantastic job, squishypop!!!!!! way to go!

as far as this weeks challenge:

worked out 3 times this week, so far

done all the crunches (135)

done 140 squats so far

will be moving this weekend - so plan on counting that for my something new

have eaten breakfast every day this week

hopefully, the scale will move this weekend.

worked out 5 days this week (including 2 days of moving - carrying boxes up stairs instead of using elevator)

ate breakfast all 7 days this week

didn't do anymore bicycle crunches nor squats

released 1 pound this week!!!!! :smile:
  • pjgreen0830
    Options

All together for the week I've:

Completed 6 days of workouts
    Went back to kickboxing after missing for a month (my something different)
    Did 160 bicycle crunches (lost track of how many I completed prior so did more tonight than I needed)
    Tomorrow is Sunday and it is my rest day
    Since Marcelka77 said to count Tuesday since lack of breakfast was doctor imposed, I will have eaten breakfast every day
    I posted my favorite breakfast recipe but no pic

Oh yeah, I forgot the squats - 410 completed this week
  • kendallsauntie
    Options
    Week 3 challenge is up! Who's ready!? I'm super excited! We're getting a puppy in 2 weeks! She's a miniature Australian Shepherd/Beagle mix. I'm going to sign off now before I get anymore scatter brained! Have a great week ladies!

1 workout in, 2 servings so far of fruits and veggies
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi lovelies,

Wow what a commitment from all of you !!! I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our third week challenge !!!! Have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

max 8 lbs

Exercise
    1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do at least 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! I know its getting harder to come up with something new :-)) ... so don't worry too much it can be anything interesting unusual - special you would like to share :-))

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard in 0 challenge :-) and since I went to work last week I repeated it 2x and love it :-))

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

so this week we will concentrate on abs and booty and upper body strength !!! And main challenge Crunch and squats

At least 135 squats and 135 crunches spreaded in 3 days and as new exercise try 135 push ups again spreaded in at least 3 days

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most BUT DON'T OVER DO

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK 2 FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASIC ( I think we will always keep it basic ) ! Let's take this week to focus on 5 A DAY and cooking and preparing dish with veg and/or fruit - let other inspire you with their choices and recipes ! I know from looking into diaries - there is so many of you skipping it , but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on this is not good for us.

there is NO excuse girls and having 7x your 5 a DAY is the only way to get 1 lbs advantage (sorry there is only medical excuse not to have a fruit /veg - please let me know if you need exception)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips. I hope you got inspired with fish recipes and will keep eating 2x a week fish or other meals that include omega-3 fatty acids as a highlight. And I hope breakfast is your meal for ever .

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 3. It will run from today may6th - may 13th . I need the pictures and ingredients of 1 dish you were having this week for yourself. It has to have at least 2 portion of 5 a day . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation .

You must send picture + recipe here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/980731-cooking-preparing-food-challenge-5-a-day

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 3 weigh in and everyone who post picture will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something special - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    135 Crunches 135 squats 135 push ups - spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do all + extra 1 lbs for person with most of all
    7x your 5 a day foods - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe

1 last lb is for person who motivates you the most in your team . This person is going to be voted by other members of team.
  • squishypop
    squishypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job Jamie, no complaints here! ;) this week should be fun! Go team!
  • squishypop
    squishypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    First set of crunches/squats/push-ups done! 2 workout sessions done! 5 day food not gonna happen haha. Would be nice to know the challenges earlier so I can prepare my groceries for the week. I'll be putting up a recipe sometime this week as well.

Hope you ladies are truckin' along well!
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    I have a really good start on the squats and crunches. I'll catch up on the push ups. I posted a recipe for cauliflower prizza that I made tonight for company. OMG, it was good.
  • Jayni40
    Options
    I have a really good start on the squats and crunches. I'll catch up on the push ups. I posted a recipe for cauliflower prizza that I made tonight for company. OMG, it was good.

I saw your recipe it sounds awesome I'm def gonna have to give it a try !!
  • kendallsauntie
    Options
    Recipes sound awesome! I'm always looking for healthy recipes! Lets share some of our favorites!? I'm actually winning with the fruits and veggies. I thought i was going to struggle with that part. But I'm going into TOM and i always am punished scalewise during that time, hopefully things pan out for me.
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    Recipes sound awesome! I'm always looking for healthy recipes! Lets share some of our favorites!? I'm actually winning with the fruits and veggies. I thought i was going to struggle with that part. But I'm going into TOM and i always am punished scalewise during that time, hopefully things pan out for me.

Jamie, drink lots of water, more than normal. Most of the time it is water weight caused by retention and the extra will help flush it.