Hey, new to Beachbody

Options
I just joined a challenge group that starts in a few weeks and I happened to notice this group in MFP. So hi! :)

Replies

• teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just joined a challenge group that starts in a few weeks and I happened to notice this group in MFP. So hi! :)

Hello. That is great that you joined a Challenge Group. What Beachbody program will you be doing and what are your goals?
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    yes which program are you going to start with?? I am currently doing INSANITY. as much as i yell at Shaun T i love it!! it really challenges me
  • Jlovable
    Jlovable Posts: 1
    Options
    I have all the Beachbody workouts. I have dabbled in all of them but felt more comfortable with P90X until I got injured while skating :( trying to get back into it. How can I stay motivated?
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    I'm new to BB too. I did some Les Mills at my gym and love his routines. However, I can't always make it to the gym. A coworker of mine bought Turbo Fire and I liked it. So, I bought it too.

I'm currently doing the 5 day inferno work out plan but doing my own meals this round.

I'm at 29% BF and my long term goal is to get to 20% BF. I'll happily post my progress as I go through this.

This was day one of inferno. 940 calories burned doing Fire 55, Stretch 10, and a very light, short total body weight lifting routine.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    yes which program are you going to start with?? I am currently doing INSANITY. as much as i yell at Shaun T i love it!! it really challenges me

Insanity is my next challenge. I feel the same way at Tony Horton. I feel like yelling at him at times and I also love it and will continue to Bring It. I love the challnge and love the results.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I have all the Beachbody workouts. I have dabbled in all of them but felt more comfortable with P90X until I got injured while skating :( trying to get back into it. How can I stay motivated?

The best way to stay motvated is to stay accountable and make a commitment to yourself and your group. I used to have days where I would keep putting my workout off and trying to avoid pressing Play. A good way to stay motivate is to join a group on Facebook as well. I am involved in hosting and or co-hosting several Groups. We make a commitment to log in to our Private Group each day and share our workout that we did. We also share our nutrition on a rating of 1 to 10. We also share anything about the workout. An example is below.

Day 65 P90X Plyometrics
    Nutritiion: 6/10
    I crushed this workout today. I burned 804 calories in less than an hour. I felt great and notice great improvements from my last Plyo workout. I gave myself a 6/10 on nutrtion because I had a few more cookies than I should have eaten today. I also did not drink enough water. Tomorrow is another day and I will bring it and get my nutrition back in order.

The above is an example of a daily posting. If you are interested in joining one of my Facebooks Groups for more motivation let me know. We have a very high rate of success in completing the programs. I know when I first started around day 35 to 40 the motivated me so much that I have not had a bad day again.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I'm new to BB too. I did some Les Mills at my gym and love his routines. However, I can't always make it to the gym. A coworker of mine bought Turbo Fire and I liked it. So, I bought it too.

I'm currently doing the 5 day inferno work out plan but doing my own meals this round.

I'm at 29% BF and my long term goal is to get to 20% BF. I'll happily post my progress as I go through this.

This was day one of inferno. 940 calories burned doing Fire 55, Stretch 10, and a very light, short total body weight lifting routine.

That is some great burning of calories. Awesome job. Yes please post progress. I post my progress everyday on a few groups on Facebook that I host or am involved in. It is easier on Facebook to see who is reporting in daily to the private group. It is great to have a few places to be held accountable. It provides more motivation too. If you are interested in joining one on facebook as well let me know. We would be happy to include you there too.
  • Jackie7864
    Jackie7864 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just joined the Beachbody group and I am excited! Just by reading some of the messages and post have encouraged me tremendously! Thanks..
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Hi,
    I just joined the Beachbody group and I am excited! Just by reading some of the messages and post have encouraged me tremendously! Thanks..

Hi. Thank you for joining. There are many great programs that Team Beachbody offers. What program are you doing?
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I do the Hip Hop Abs as a supplement to aquasize and walking. Not really following the program but LOVE Shaun T. I do a different video at least 2X/week on days I don't aquasize or walk.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I do the Hip Hop Abs as a supplement to aquasize and walking. Not really following the program but LOVE Shaun T. I do a different video at least 2X/week on days I don't aquasize or walk.

That is great that you are getting in shape and using mutltiple ways to do it. Shaun T is very motivating. I am looking forward to Insanity and I am thinking of buying his new workout called Focus T25. It seems like a great 25 minute workout.

Great job on the Hip Hop Abs. I hope you accomplish all of your fitness goals.
  • mama_april
    mama_april Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey there! I'm super excited to see that there is a BB group on this site. I just started Rockin Body on Monday and love it! From what I can tell this is on a 4 week cycle, so I will have to see when its done if I want to work through it again or start the INSANITY vidoes I bought. Honestly for me, food is my biggest weekness! I have no problem finding the time to get my workout in, but I can ruin it just as fast by what I eat. I just gave birth to my son 2 months ago and thankfully the pregnancy weight has already come off! :) Prior to getting pregnant I had lapband surgery and I am excited that next week I will be going back to the doctors to get back on track with that. There is a color vibe 5k run in November (couple of days before my birthday) so I am striving to meet my halfway goal by then (roughly 40lbs in 6 months) as well as train for that run. Any support, tips/suggestions, quotes, whatever.. is greatly appreciated! Congratulations to everyone on here for all of their hard work and any success they have already had :) I look forward to chatting with you all soon!
  • diva099
    diva099 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hey I am also doing a Beachbody program I am doing Turbofire, I have been doing this for about seven weeks now. Would love support from other people doing Beachbody programs. I am also in a challenge group. When I finish this I will start Chalean Extreme.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Hey there! I'm super excited to see that there is a BB group on this site. I just started Rockin Body on Monday and love it! From what I can tell this is on a 4 week cycle, so I will have to see when its done if I want to work through it again or start the INSANITY vidoes I bought. Honestly for me, food is my biggest weekness! I have no problem finding the time to get my workout in, but I can ruin it just as fast by what I eat. I just gave birth to my son 2 months ago and thankfully the pregnancy weight has already come off! :) Prior to getting pregnant I had lapband surgery and I am excited that next week I will be going back to the doctors to get back on track with that. There is a color vibe 5k run in November (couple of days before my birthday) so I am striving to meet my halfway goal by then (roughly 40lbs in 6 months) as well as train for that run. Any support, tips/suggestions, quotes, whatever.. is greatly appreciated! Congratulations to everyone on here for all of their hard work and any success they have already had :) I look forward to chatting with you all soon!

Hi. Thanks for joining. We are glad to have you here as part of our group. Food is tough sometimes. I am eating much healthier now than I was 60 days ago. We will help you with your food weakness and will support you. The way we eat and what we eat is a training process as well. I used to love fast food. The thought of it now makes me sick to my stomach.

Recently I have been craving healthy food 95% of the time. That 5% of the time where I smell some sweets or greasy food is when I can have a weakness. Most of the time the craving will go away after 5 to 10 minutes. I will drink a glass of water and make a phone call and then I forget about it. I believe it is okay to treat yourself every now and then as long as you do not go overboard. Its when you start have 5 to 10 cookies instead of 1 to 2 cookies. Every year I buy girl scout cookies. I would eat a whole box in one setting. This year I ate 1 cookie.

Nice to have you hear. I look forward to see how you are doing. How do you like Rockin Body?
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Hey I am also doing a Beachbody program I am doing Turbofire, I have been doing this for about seven weeks now. Would love support from other people doing Beachbody programs. I am also in a challenge group. When I finish this I will start Chalean Extreme.

Nice to have you join us. I am also in a Challenge Group and I found it very helpful especially on the first few weeks and around day 35 to 40 when I needed the motivation. Its great to see that you took that step to better your health and stay in shape. Let me know if you need anything or have any questions. Feel free to post anything or any topic you have questions on.
  • mama_april
    mama_april Posts: 4
    Options
    thank you! right now I am trying to understand what ratio of foods I should eat. According to beach body I should be aiming for 1300 calories a day. On this site I have it set for 1200. Based on a 1200 calorie diet, it says I should have 45 grams of protein and 24 grams of sugar. Well with 1 shakeolgy shake with a cup of skim milk, I'm practically there and thats only 1 meal. I read somewhere online that you should have half your body weight in protein a day. Well I can tell you its way more than 45 grams. Any thoughts? Also, I'm still really having trouble finding out how many calories I burn doing my workouts. I don't have any fancy equipment to tell me, so is there any websites or calculations I can use to figure it out?

Btw, I'm loving Rockin Body! I have to say that Shaun T is probably my favorite trainer. A 55 minute workout feels like an intense 20 minutes that went by super fast. He definitely kicks your butt, but makes you feel good while he does it lol I think this is going to be the first workout cycle I will actually finish! :)
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    thank you! right now I am trying to understand what ratio of foods I should eat. According to beach body I should be aiming for 1300 calories a day. On this site I have it set for 1200. Based on a 1200 calorie diet, it says I should have 45 grams of protein and 24 grams of sugar. Well with 1 shakeolgy shake with a cup of skim milk, I'm practically there and thats only 1 meal. I read somewhere online that you should have half your body weight in protein a day. Well I can tell you its way more than 45 grams. Any thoughts? Also, I'm still really having trouble finding out how many calories I burn doing my workouts. I don't have any fancy equipment to tell me, so is there any websites or calculations I can use to figure it out?

How you eat depends on what kind of work outs you do, what your goal is, and how your body reacts to the nutrition profile.

For example: I want to lose Body Fat and I am doing weight lifting. So, I want lots of prot. I shoot for 100 grams at least and I don't worry if it goes up to 150 grams. I chose to sacrifice carbs for the extra prot calories. I'm not a huge carb fan. I also believe fat is a good thing.

Yesterday I got in:
    1,306 calories, 91 g carbs, 43 fat, 141 prot.

Did your work out come with a food diary example or anything? That may be a good starting point. My Turbo Fire 5 day challenge has this typical profile: 1200 ish calories, 17.5 g fat, 101 g prot, 164 carbs. It also came with recipes and meal suggestions.

However, where your calories come from is a very personal choice. No straight answer in my opinion. It isn't a one size fits all answer.

Also, I answered the calories burned q in another post. Click on the exercise tab at the top :smile:
  • teamryan90
    Options

Btw, I'm loving Rockin Body! I have to say that Shaun T is probably my favorite trainer. A 55 minute workout feels like an intense 20 minutes that went by super fast. He definitely kicks your butt, but makes you feel good while he does it lol I think this is going to be the first workout cycle I will actually finish! :)

I agree with CarolinaGrace that it depends on your workouts and what your goals are that you wish to achieve. Everyone is different.

I like to keep my protein around 85 to 125. I have gone over many times but I do not worry about it. Your protein intake should be between .7-1.2 per Kilo of bodyweight. Do worry about the sugar intake, unless you are getting it from refined carbs.

( Refined carbohydrates are produced when whole plants which are high in carbohydrates are processed in a way to strip out everything but the highly digestible carbohydrate (starch or sugar). This has the effect of concentrating the carbohydrate and/or breaking it down so that the body processes it very quickly, generally causing a high rise in blood sugar (glycemic response). It also usually removes the fiber and most of the nutrients in the food. Refined carbohydrates)

You can use my fitness pal for a generic calorie burn calculator , If you want to get a more accurate reading I suggest investing in a HR monitor or A body media device ( http://www.bodymedia.com/ )

Basically it comes down to fueling your body, if you are hungry then eat, just don't based on stress or emotional factors.