New to Group

Options
LilMissTucknRoll
LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
Hi, I'm Brittney.

I am 26 in a few days with an almost 2 year old son.

I started working out with the Jillian Michaels NMTZ and BCBM at home soon after my son turned one (July). After a while, around October, I found a friend that got me to go to the gym about 4 days a week. We usually did Body Pump. I had 3 weeks of not working out Dec to Jan because I was visiting family in CA (while I live in NC). I didn't see too much of an improvement, although at the time I was not counting calories.

I started JMBR in April and am drawing it out. I did workouts 1 and 2 for 2 to 3 weeks and see a difference in my arms and the back of my legs with a weight loss of about 6 pounds.

When I got to 3 and 4 I started to taper off. I keep going back and forth between working out (sometimes twice a day) and being super lazy. It's at the point that I've been on 3 and 4 for 2 weeks and have only worked out 4 times. Has anyone else gotten into this kind of funk?

Thanks, and nice to meet you all.

Replies

• Thereupon
    Thereupon Posts: 52
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, and I'm sure most of the people here have been there at one time or another. I think the monotony of turning on the TV and setting all your weights/bands up in the same place every day can be a little wearing sometimes. Is there something else you can do to at least get a little more out of the 'funk' days? Personally I find it helpful to replace some of the cardio workouts with time on the exercise bike or a jog. It breaks it up a little when I don't want to listen to Jillian screaming at people to get lower. There's no shame in doing something different to the JMBR workout if that's what you need to get your mind in the right place. Remember that the overall goal is 'staying active and healthy', not just 'doing JMBR'; don't let it all crumble if you don't feel like specifically doing a Jillian workout on a certain day. :)
  • heathercarver96
    heathercarver96 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have been in a funk this week as well. I'm on workouts 3 and 4. I'm just tired of staying inside for exercise. Yesterday I did manage to go for a fast paced walk instead of doing the cardio dvd.
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I suppose I could find something else. We have a small gym at our apartment complex but every time my son is asleep his dad is at work, so I can't go. I just feel weird leaving him in the apartment while I go somewhere across the street. My mom told me to just see if the baby monitor works that far.

Or I could probably take him on more walks.

It may be because I have company. My brother is visiting while he's between duty stations. Then again I think it started before he got here. I do have the whole summer to get back into it, though, because I just finished my last finals for the year, yay!

Thanks for the support.