Defiance

Options
mustangmary11
mustangmary11 Posts: 46 Member
I hope all of you are great and I have a non Doctor Who question. But is is SciFi. What do you think of Defiance. It's growing on me. Still not 00% sure. Its funny bit hubs and I both said the premise is like Eureka. New guy and is daughter come to a new town and when the existing lawman can't do his job he gets replaced my the new man in town. What do you all think?

Replies

• scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have it taped and ready to watch when I have some free time. It looks promising.
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We've seen both episodes in the show so far. My hubby really likes it. I am still not quite sure. It's hard for me to read the subtitles b/c they are in white from across the room. Throughout the show, every time I see the Cartithans(white-skinned aliens), all I can think of is: Can you imagine what would happen if those 2 aliens met w/ Lucius and Narcissa! lol.

I am willing to give it a few more episodes.
  • mustangmary11
    Options
    We've seen both episodes in the show so far. My hubby really likes it. I am still not quite sure. It's hard for me to read the subtitles b/c they are in white from across the room. Throughout the show, every time I see the Cartithans(white-skinned aliens), all I can think of is: Can you imagine what would happen if those 2 aliens met w/ Lucius and Narcissa! lol.

I am willing to give it a few more episodes.

It's definitely growing on me :-)
  • tabbykat6802
    Options
    Hubby oggles the actress that played HG Wells on Warehouse 13 throughout the show. She plays the female Cartithan(the one that almost always naked). Then, he gets a kick out of the mayor is the same actoress that played Darla on Buffy/Angel. I just laugh.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Hubby oggles the actress that played HG Wells on Warehouse 13 throughout the show. She plays the female Cartithan(the one that almost always naked). Then, he gets a kick out of the mayor is the same actoress that played Darla on Buffy/Angel. I just laugh.

I didn't know about the mayor, but the actress that played HG Wells get oggled over here also. Giggity
  • mustangmary11
    Options

I didn't know about the mayor, but the actress that played HG Wells get oggled over here also. Giggity

The man who is the leader of his tribe (the white faced guys) the Cartithan leader, is the man who played Van Goth on Doctor Who.
  • Power_Man77
    Options
    Whats ya thoughts on the show Monday?
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My wife & I are sort of enjoying it, too. Not a "must see" on our list yet, but an enjoyable hour. Has anyone checked out the Web site? The detail they've put into the backstory for this world is quite impressive.

On the downside, it irks me that certain things (some of the monsters, the police car) make it painfully obvious that the game was at the forefront in the designers' minds when they put them together. If nothing else, however, you've gotta give SyFy props for at least trying a new system to USE online time and gaming to help a show's ratings, rather than take away from them.
  • mustangmary11
    Options
    My wife & I are sort of enjoying it, too. Not a "must see" on our list yet, but an enjoyable hour. Has anyone checked out the Web site? The detail they've put into the backstory for this world is quite impressive.

On the downside, it irks me that certain things (some of the monsters, the police car) make it painfully obvious that the game was at the forefront in the designers' minds when they put them together. If nothing else, however, you've gotta give SyFy props for at least trying a new system to USE online time and gaming to help a show's ratings, rather than take away from them.

See I'm not a big gamer (GASP!) but I do enjoy the show. I agree though it's not a must see, plus you can always catch the weeks prior right before the new one. One thing that does bug hubs and I, is that ScyFy, since changing their name has gotten a bit weak in their programming. I loved Eureka, and they took that off, now they have theses cheesy movies that although fun on occasion are not worth it
  • Power_Man77
    Options
    I like Defiance, DVR it every Monday. Heard the game wasn't about anything. I hope they bring back Sanctuary that was show.
  • tabbykat6802
    Options
    OMG! you are right! It is the guy that played Van Gogh!
  • mustangmary11
    Options
    OMG! you are right! It is the guy that played Van Gogh!

hahaha yep it's him :-D I cry everytime that episode comes on. I think it's beautiful.
  • Power_Man77
    Options
    This past week show, was pretty good. Folks had to blow off some steam...Giggity Giggity Giggity
  • mustangmary11
    Options
    This past week show, was pretty good. Folks had to blow off some steam...Giggity Giggity Giggity

Yea they did indeed do that LOL