The newest companion, Clara

Options
mustangmary11
mustangmary11 Posts: 46 Member
What does everyone think of our new companion? I see a bit of Amy in her. Anyone else see it or is it my imagination?

Replies

• tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    no, I see a bit in her, too. I think it's the quick wit.

My favorite line from the last episode was, "Are we going to be ok?" "yes" "is that a lie" "maybe". I cracked up!
  • mustangmary11
    Options
    no, I see a bit in her, too. I think it's the quick wit.

My favorite line from the last episode was, "Are we going to be ok?" "yes" "is that a lie" "maybe". I cracked up!

There were some great lines in the last one. Yes its the wit and her doing what she thinks and not always what she's told :-) I like her alot. Donna is still one of my favorites though She gave the Dr a run for his money.
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It took me so long to like Donna. Then, she was gone. I cried when she had to be obliviated.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I like the actress, Jenna-Louise Coleman, but the Clara character is a little too adorable for me. I liked Amy's self-centeredness. It made her more real. I remember a funny line after Baby Melody was born when Rory had to battle some enemies and Amy told him to be a Scot and let everyone die before them.
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    I started watching seriously only midway through David Tennant's tenure, but my favorite companions are Amy and Rory.
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I feel like we know nothing about her though.. they haven't delved into her storyline, she seems like a tag-along. I do like her as a character though.
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    I feel like we know nothing about her though.. they haven't delved into her storyline, she seems like a tag-along. I do like her as a character though.

Amy's character was so well developed. I loved that we met her when she was a little girl, funny and clever, but still not a "stage" little girl. You probably know that the actress who played Amy as a child is a distant cousin of Karen Gillan.
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    I started watching seriously only midway through David Tennant's tenure, but my favorite companions are Amy and Rory.

I don't know that they'll ever be able to top the Amy, Rory, River Song episodes.
  • mustangmary11
    Options
    I don't know that they'll ever be able to top the Amy, Rory, River Song episodes.

I don't think we are done seeing River :-)
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Let's hope not!
  • toutmonpossible
    Options

Let's hope not!

Me too. :smile:
  • katiekiernan9322
    Options
    I like the actress, Jenna-Louise Coleman, but the Clara character is a little too adorable for me. I liked Amy's self-centeredness. It made her more real. I remember a funny line after Baby Melody was born when Rory had to battle some enemies and Amy told him to be a Scot and let everyone die before them.

I think she's a little too perfect right now. We'll see where they take her character. I'm excited to see how it goes!
  • mustangmary11
    Options
    I think she's a little too perfect right now. We'll see where they take her character. I'm excited to see how it goes!

I wonder if they may have the Dr. have a little more romantic interest in this one. :-) Welcome to the group btw
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    She's ok still trying to fill her out. If you have a Apple device check out the Afterbuzz T.V Doctor Who After-show Podcast. The break down the show and tell news about things to come in the show.

They going to have a show focusing on River Song when I heard the title my mouth dropped open.
  • Power_Man77
    Options

I wonder if they may have the Dr. have a little more romantic interest in this one. :-) Welcome to the group btw

Remember he's still married
  • mustangmary11
    Options

Remember he's still married

Good Point! Still married to River. :-)
  • katiekiernan9322
    Options

Nope if that happens I'll hate her! I love River too much. I wrote a paper about her for my honors english class last year :D And thanks! I'm glad to be here
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My one complaint about Clara is this: Her main schtick is that The Doctor saw alternate versions of her die twice, on the Dalek asylum in the future and in London during the Victorian Era. So, why did the one girl who survived and got to ride with The Doctor have to be a middle-class girl from modern England ... just like Rose, just like Martha, just like Donna, just like Amy. Over the years, The Doctor's had companions from other times and worlds (Leela, the extraterrestrial jungle girl, was a personal favorite). So, why does The Doctor seem to be stuck in a rut with his last few companions?
  • mustangmary11
    Options
    My one complaint about Clara is this: Her main schtick is that The Doctor saw alternate versions of her die twice, on the Dalek asylum in the future and in London during the Victorian Era. So, why did the one girl who survived and got to ride with The Doctor have to be a middle-class girl from modern England ... just like Rose, just like Martha, just like Donna, just like Amy. Over the years, The Doctor's had companions from other times and worlds (Leela, the extraterrestrial jungle girl, was a personal favorite). So, why does The Doctor seem to be stuck in a rut with his last few companions?

I see what you are saying, and I think to get the answer you would have to check with Mr. Moffat on this. The companions since the "New" Who, so to speak, are all written by him minus the few shows written by Neil Gaiman, and another who I can't think of his name right now. lol But yea and I wouldn't mind a male companion (nod to Capt. Jack)
  • Power_Man77
    Options

From what i've read and seen the thing about Clara is that she is a Paradox and the Tardis does not like paradoxes. Remember she said " I think it doesn't like me" (speaking about the Tardis)

I think Capt Jack is coming back later this year. His part in the show Arrow has gotten real deep. He's showing up more.