Calories and ????

Options
qtrhrse1
qtrhrse1 Posts: 19 Member
Okay I have a couple questions. Are you counting calories on MFP the average 1200 or more. In the past when I have done low carbs my stomach got flatter right away not this time. I weighed myself this am said I was down almost four lbs since I weighed myself last four days ago. I am going to weigh myself again in morning and see if it was real or just a fluke. Should I stay away from atkins protein bars during induction. Last question I am going on first poker run of the year will I completely throw myself off if I drink on Saturday? Thank you

keri

Replies

• qtrhrse1
    qtrhrse1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am so done with everything. Weigh myself up three lbs. I have done protein. Before and it has always worked. Maybe I just need to go back to the calorie in calorie out add exercise and modify my carbs. I am so tired of this I could just cry.
  • NurseSturgill
    NurseSturgill Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Sorry to hear you are having a hard time!! I know how frustrating that can be!! I have actually been pretty successful with Atkins. My husband and I have been doing the induction phase since January of this year and have lost 56 lbs so far and my husband has lost 70lbs...so it does work =D

To answer some of your questions....I personally DO count calories. Atkins says that it's not necessary, but in my mind it just seems better lol. I do however have days where I eat higher calorie meals and may go over my limit. But I definitely don't feel bad about that. The first week is the hardest. You are always hungry, might feel kind of cruddy. EAT if you're hungry and don't worry too much about the calories. Once your body kicks into gear, your energy will come back and your hunger will start to decrease and soon enough you will have to remind yourself to eat =)

The atkins bars....those are of the devil. I would recommend staying far far away from them. I did ok with them for a week or so, but then all of a sudden I gained 5 lbs back, was kicked out of ketosis and didn't lose an ounce for a couple weeks. A lot of people have a hard time managing the sugar alcohols in them although they are supposed to be "ok".

Drinking alcohol can be a tricky one. Straight liquors are ok to have, and things like diet coke and rum is ok, but I would be careful. Atkins recommends limiting alcohol intake. If you plan on a cheat day just take into consideration that everyone responds differently. I personally can't have any cheat days. Anything over my carb limit and my body resets, I gain weight and lose precious time getting back to where I need to be metabolically. For me, it's not worth it.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you and I hope things get better!!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I would also add that you should try the Keep It Simple approach. This woe is not a diet, it's an approach to eating foods that have a positive effect on the body. If you're serious about losing the weight, ditch the processed bars and foods and avoid alcohol, you can add that back later. Even if you have a rum and diet coke, which is considered low carb, it will stall your loss.