Daily thread, May 9th

Options
Good morning everyone!

Day 4 for me, cardio recovery. It reminded me of yoga a lot. My muscles hurt but my heart really recovered.
I logged it as yoga.
I needed this today! I woke up and felt so sore!

Replies

• wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I should have done Pylo Cardio Circuit yesterday but got confused as it just said Cardio Circuit and I thought I was missing a DVD so i did the recovery only to find out it was Pylo I should be doing.

Ahhh well I will be doing it tonight sweating hard and pushing to finish every exercise.
  • talenarenee
    talenarenee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Day 4 for me, cardio recovery. It reminded me of yoga a lot. My muscles hurt but my heart really recovered.
    I logged it as yoga.
    I needed this today! I woke up and felt so sore!

I wear a HRM because I definitely still feel it working harder than what MFP says yoga is. I just added it in as my own exercise for recording.
  • likark
    likark Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need to get a HRM. I've been using this website to figure out calories burned, http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/exercise-activity/calories-burned-conditioning-exercises , but I want to know how accurate it is vs. MFP, so I'm saving for a Polar FT4.

I did Cardio Power and Resistance last night. Man, it just never gets easier! I was able to get through more globe jumps and (I feel like) my power jumps are starting to come together.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly considering getting a HRM. Yes, Cardio Recovery workout hurt more than 94 burned calories would :)
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    Today was Pure Cardio for me. Tough to get up at 415 and face that one. No breaks, well I insert a few of my own until I am in shape enough not to. I have a hard time with some of the drills as my mid section gets in the way of being able to jump in and up and such...but I do what I can and modify a bit if need be.
  • anokte
    anokte Posts: 12
    Options
    I did the recovery workout too! I loved it because the slower pace made me feel like I got to "practice" some things, like making sure my hands are right under my shoulders in plank position, etc. Also those never-ending squats and lunges were challenging but I'm learning to love the burn.

My inner masochist is very excited about pure cardio tomorrow. That workout looks brutal! Tomorrow we will probably appreciate the recovery workout even more. :D
  • eschifrin
    eschifrin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! Today was my 6th day; I finished the 1st week, yea! It was hard and I am looking forward to my day off tomorrow. I wear a HRM. I burned 170 on the recovery day
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 4: Cardio Recovery

Man I'm glad we got a Recovery day in, because I noticed that tomorrow is Pure Cardio. That sounds like Hell on Earth, at least for me; Cardio is my weakness. I can handle playin' around with weights if need be but Cardio kicks my *kitten*. As for today's workout, I had a hard time doing the tabletop moves, had to cheat and have my fingertips touch the wall for balance. the Oblique exercises, I'm having trouble with, cause I feel like I'm a beach whale stuck on land, tryin' to flop around. Any tips on that?
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    well last night cardio recovery was on the calendar and I went to grab the disk and maybe I was distracted from my day but I did not find the "cardio recovery" disk so I have to go home and look again. Instead what I thought we were supposed to do was the Pure Cardio, Cardio Abs combo so I ended up not getting a recovery at all but an intense cardio and then ab workout. Oh well at least I'm digging deeper right? Going to try and find the cardio recovery tonight if not its on to the Pure Cardio again (which was scary BTW). Keep it up all!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    well last night cardio recovery was on the calendar and I went to grab the disk and maybe I was distracted from my day but I did not find the "cardio recovery" disk so I have to go home and look again. Instead what I thought we were supposed to do was the Pure Cardio, Cardio Abs combo so I ended up not getting a recovery at all but an intense cardio and then ab workout. Oh well at least I'm digging deeper right? Going to try and find the cardio recovery tonight if not its on to the Pure Cardio again (which was scary BTW). Keep it up all!

Your post made me laugh! That's what I call positive attitude :)
  • msmariimac
    msmariimac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Missed a day dealing with ridiculously sore calves and ended up doing the Cardio Recovery workout today. I was surprised to find how toned down this one was. I could have pushed through it yesterday if I'd known. Thinking about doing the Pure Cardio workout later tonight so I can be back on track
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    when he makes me hold those poses I wanna die a little! I agree...i sweat A LOT during this...and I have done a lot of yoga in the past! There is NO WAY I'm only burning 90 calories!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I hated the Cardio Recovery workout! It was so boring.
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Cardio & Resitance for me tonight Looking forward to it as my Average HR is decreasing and im going just as hard if not harder than last week so I put that down to me getting fitter.

Foam rolling is definitely helping as I don't feel that sore compared to last week.

Looking forward to my fit test this coming Monday
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Today was Pure Cardio for me. Tough to get up at 415 and face that one. No breaks, well I insert a few of my own until I am in shape enough not to. I have a hard time with some of the drills as my mid section gets in the way of being able to jump in and up and such...but I do what I can and modify a bit if need be.

It is SO awesome that you are tackling this! I modify a ton too until I get stronger :)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I read the "no breaks" part yesterday and thought: what does he mean, no breaks?
    Well, I found out today. :)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I read the "no breaks" part yesterday and thought: what does he mean, no breaks?
    Well, I found out today. :)