Just joined the group

Options
Saw Cleb's thread in GD and figured I'd join the group. Been using MFP on and off for awhile but need to get serious. I'm 6'5", 270. I should weigh about 210, so I have 60 pounds of me to shed.

Replies

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here. I started using MFP a month ago, recommended by a local friend, but saw the post in GD by CLEB, never would have even thought there'd be a arfcom group here and it's almost 100 strong!
  • veritas_rasa
    veritas_rasa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've just joined too. Made my daughter join also. I figure she'll keep me on track and vice versa.
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Glad you guys joined... Like I said in my thread... find out what ever your motivation is and hold onto it.. it will be what keeps you going... don't look at your final goal as a huge mountain to climb... just look at the next pound...

I have only been using the site since September... I should have done this years ago... I am going to see my mom in Orlando this August and she has only seen my FB photos... I think the will be surprised :)
  • kcobean
    kcobean Posts: 2
    Options
    After really tracking my calories for a week or so now, I'm blown away by how easy it was to eat 2500-3000 calories a day without even really trying before this. It's no wonder America is fat. I'm limiting myself to 1700 calories per day total (and not eating my exercise calories earned) . I started this at 272 lbs (at 6'4") and have a goal to get to around 220. What calorie levels are you guys setting for yourselves?
  • TwinkiesNKetchup
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm QueendeNile on ARFCOM. It's nice to see you and welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll be happy to play cheerleader and welcome all the support from you as well.