hiya! new here

m76b
m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
started yesterday and really like this workouts but I really dont think i can deal with the 1200 calories.... i tried that once and never lose a pound!! in fact.. I been trying with differents amounts of calories but less de 1500 never works for me!

anybody has some tips about nutrition?

Replies

• Thereupon
    Thereupon Posts: 52
    Hey! Welcome to the group. I would advise not to stick to the 1200 calories, at least not beyond the kick start week (if you're doing that). From what I've seen, many/most of the people here seem to agree. It just isn't sustainable for most people. Try to work out your TDEE (there are numerous threads on MFP about that) and eating at a 10-20% deficit below that.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    This calculator is a good starting point to work out how many calories might suit you for fat loss. It served me well in the first month of the program when I was still looking to lose body fat, but now I'm moving back to my maintenance calorie goal and focusing on toning / building more lean mass.

Good luck! Stick with JMBR and a healthy diet, and I'm sure you will see great results like many of the people here!
  • m76b
    Thanks!!! Thats what im going to do!! I also used that calculator to find out how much to eat!! cant wait to see some results and Im loving the workouts!!

after doing insanity for more than a month I love Jillian! :laugh:
  • baytreemc
    baytreemc Posts: 4 Member
    I'm new too and just started JMBR on Monday. I am doing the Kickstart to try to get motivated to stick with it! I dont think I will stick to the meal plan after this week, just make better choices and continue the workouts. I love the workouts so far...Just when I am getting real sweaty, its over! Would love to check in for support on this journey!
  • m76b
    Im also doing the kickstart!! loving it so far!! one more day tomorrow!! yayyy!! Im not doing the meal plan on this week , Im eating as usual!! Im sweating from minute.... 3 lol!!