Primal Stuff- products we love!

Options
jenfitz
jenfitz Posts: 66 Member
Hi folks- we've shared recipes and exercise tips- here's a forum about other "stuff" we like. For example- I just found a prepackaged refrigerated meal made by Nature's Ranger that I love! It uses meats that meet the global animal step 1 standard and has no antibiotics or hormones.
Here's the macros for per 1/2 cup serving ( though I ate the whole package for lunch which is 3.5 servings):
Calories: 120
carbs: 11g
fat: 4g
protein 12g.

It tastes good and is a good "in a pinch option. Downsides include some vegetable oils in the ingredients and a bit of modified corn starch as the second to last ingredient.

Anyone else find a product worth mentioning?1

Replies

• strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If Barney Butter ever goes out of business, I may have trouble finding a reason to continue living. Seriously, I like their almond butter so much that I can't even buy it because I WILL eat the whole f'n jar immediately. What keeps me going is the idea that maybe, just maybe, someday I'll hit my fitness goals and I can actually eat it on occasion.

Also: bacon.
  • jenfitz
    Options
    I haven't tried Barney Butter- but I could use life altering almond butter! (really, who couldn't) I will get some on my next trip!
  • strychnine7
    Options
    It's not the most paleo-friendly almond butter out there (It has "evaporated cane juice" in it, but I'm sure it's not a a lot. The listed sugar content isn't much worse than almond butters without it.), but I'll be damned if it ain't the tastiest I've tried. Maybe it's just me thought. I'd hate to artificially inflate your expectations. I may just be irrational. ;)
  • jenfitz
    Options
    Any friend of bacon is a friend of mine... :)
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I do love my 85% cocoa Lindt chocolate and Green & Black 85%. Not sure what I'd do without them....
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Steve's Original Paleo Krunch Cereal and Grainless Granola Bars... So good!
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I have so many favorites

Rao's Marinara sauce
    Any brand of good dark chocolate!
    Raincoast Trading Wild Pacific Sardines... some great flavors making sardines actually edible
    Justin's Almond Butter, of course
    Red Boat Fish Sauce
    Frank's Original Hot Sauce
    All those little 1 oz gourmet cheese ends sold at Whole Foods
    Romesco sauce... just had the the other day and it's freaking amazing. I can't remember the brand name but it was this loony guy selling his jars at Whole Foods. It's my new fave, but I'm sure you can find other brands.
    Every spice at Savory Spice Shop

Kombucha - I like GT's and High Country (not sure if you can get that outside Colorado)
    Zukes Pickled Beets, Dulse, and Kale
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    bubbies sauerkraut is amazing
    lets do organic coconut flakes- i toast them at home for snack. amazing.
    artesiana coconut butter, though i make it homemade now with macadamia nuts :)
    bacon... all of it. i regret the last 10 years of my life where i didn't eat it cause it was too high in fat.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    The Paleo Kits and Krunch Bars are a godsend for snowboarding. No concerns about leaving them in the car, and they're more nutritious (and cheaper) than buying lunch at the lodge.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I do love my 85% cocoa Lindt chocolate and Green & Black 85%. Not sure what I'd do without them....

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:heart:

Bar of chocolate a day makes me a happy Howl.
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    larabars! i can not buy them very often because i will loseit and eat them all! I dont even care what kind it is! I love them all.
  • wibamagirl
    wibamagirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Barney Butter now comes in single packets and Bare; which has no cane sugar or salt.I was curious so I looked it up.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I need my daily fix of either Green & Black 85% Chocolate or Raw Revolution Almond Butter Cup! :drinker:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law owns a small company that makes Paleola (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paleola/308927345806796).

I'm also a big fan of Dr. Mercola's Miracle Whey protein powder. It gets me through when I'm somewhere I can't get good meat.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate bar, yay for companies that specifically make stuff without gluten, soy, dairy, and peanut ingredients. Like other people where with other things, I can only buy them once in a while, or I'll eat the whole thing.

Trader Joe's Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil. 'nuff said

More of a "primal" item than paleo, but it's the closest I can get to raw milk without investing in a farm co-op - Non-homogenized, low-heat pasteurized whole milk from Snowville Creamery (local dairy).
  • AshleyPaleo
    AshleyPaleo Posts: 121
    Options
    If Barney Butter ever goes out of business, I may have trouble finding a reason to continue living. Seriously, I like their almond butter so much that I can't even buy it because I WILL eat the whole f'n jar immediately. What keeps me going is the idea that maybe, just maybe, someday I'll hit my fitness goals and I can actually eat it on occasion.

Also: bacon.
    Baha I was going to say bacon, thanks you beat me too it!!
  • AshleyPaleo
    AshleyPaleo Posts: 121
    Options
    Lemon Pie Lara bars!! So good if you throw 'em in the freezer! and they only contain dates, cashews, almonds and real lemon.
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    I'm on the larabar train... coconut cream pie doesn't even have figs, it's my fav!
  • strychnine7
    Options
    Lemon Pie Lara bars!! So good if you throw 'em in the freezer! and they only contain dates, cashews, almonds and real lemon.

Nice tip on the freezer idea. I'll give it a shot. I love Larabars as well and the Lemon ones are definitely one of the best. They taste like a lemon Starburst to me.

Now, if they'd just start making a bacon, almond butter, lemon Larabar we'd be in business. ;)
  • jenfitz
    Options
    Lara bars fo' sho'!!!!! ALSO- I just found pure unrefined coconut oil in a spray can ( I know, not enviro friendly) for cooking this stuff is awesome! I just made paleo baked chicken wings the other night and this stuff sprayed liberally on the pans helped them lift off! Find at Whole Foods near the oils!