How short?

Options
ahappydancer
ahappydancer Posts: 34 Member
So how short is everyone here, and does it effect your exercising?
I'm four foot nine and running on a treadmill is a little difficult. If I crank up the machine, it's harder. I feel like I have to move my feet more than normal sized or tall people. I used to be in marching band, and certain steps (four to the five) were difficult.

Replies

• xbeth77x
    xbeth77x Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    4'11" but you probably know that since we are already friends :)

I HATE hiking or running with people on the normal/tall side. I can't keep up, and they get impatient. Luckily I have some people I can do both with who are more patient or just slower paced then most. But yeah, I definitely have found hiking to be challenging (I would do so good on my own, and probably enjoy it alot more haha!).

And if running on a treadmill is a little difficult, there is always outside!!
  • ahappydancer
    ahappydancer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have trouble riding a bike by myself, lol. I got a mountain bike for Christmas and had to take something off so I could reach the pedals!
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" but I don't really feel like it affects my exercising.
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    5'0. I find it really difficult to use a spin bike. The bikes at my gym just don't adjust properly for me and I've tried to grin and bare it, but I'm standing the whole time while cycling (although a better workout hard to keep up for an hour) I tend to stick to just the standard bikes :)