New to Group

Options
Hi i'm new to the group. I have decided to get the Gastric sleeve and currently in the options program that Kaiser requires you to take before you get the surgery. Within the class i have to lose 10% of my body weight which is 32 lbs, and so far I am down 5 lbs. I will be getting the surgery in either july or august and anticipating my soon to be new life. Hope to make new friends along the way and get inspired by others who have already had the surgery :]

Replies

• 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You could not find a better resource than this group of people! We all have had different experiences, but combined, have great stories, successes, and struggles to share! Good luck on your journey!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I had sleeve surgery on 6/11/12 hit my surgeon's goal in Nov 2012 and my own personal weight goal of 130 a few weeks ago. I lost 47 pre op but wasn't told I had to but it did make the surgery easier. Friend me if you like!
    Good luck!
  • jonti06
    jonti06 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi!

New to myfitnesspal & was glad to find a forum for those considering/having lap band surgery. I just made the decision to have the surgery & am just starting the journey. I've started looking for support, outside of my family & friends, because their initial reaction to my decision wasn't very favorable, but I am not discouraged.

I had my first meeting with my physician last week & will be meeting with a nutrionist before my next visit, at the end of this month; I've also started an exercise routine & am working to stay within the caloric intake suggested by "myfitnesspal." I'm excited & nervous by the prospect of the surgery, but I know I'm doing the right thing.

Glad to have found this forum & am looking forward to the support & experiences of others, as I intend to offer the same. :smile:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I had the lap band done Nov 2012. I thought about it along time and dicided to do the lap band. I have two sisters who had the by pass and lost the wieght and in several years gained it back and them some. I know several people who have had the lap band and talked to my doctor. What made it for me was the fact it can be ajusted for life. I have lost 70 pounds since the surgery. I have broke under 300 pounds this week the first time in over 20 years.
  • joslynjeanne
    joslynjeanne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70 pounds since the surgery. I have broke under 300 pounds this week the first time in over 20 years.

Congratulations, I bet you feel great about yourself right now. Keep up the great work and welcome to the group.