Military Member on Atkins

Options
Chowder_17
Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
Hi everyone! I started Atkins in hope to lose the weight I need to make weight standards for Navy OCS, which I start next month. I'm currently on day 5 of induction and I'm feeling great! Honestly, this is the easiest diet I've ever done. I don't feel hungry and have lots of energy for working out and my daily life. I'm averaging 17-22 net carbs a day and I plan on staying on induction until I report in. I'll probably have a beer or two in the coming weeks, but nowhere near where I was drinking.

Please feel free to add (just include in the message that you're from this group)

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Glad to hear that induction is going well and that you're having a good experience on Atkins. There is a low carb beer out there, I believe, but I'm not a drinker and I heard about it years ago, so I'm not sure if it's still around. However, alcohol will definitely stall your progress.
  • Chowder_17
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah, I'm not planning on drinking. This is far too important to me.
  • rdonald57
    rdonald57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your voluntary service, i am hoping all is going well.
  • Chowder_17
    Options
    Hi there!

Well, it's been two weeks and so far so good! I honestly love this! I'm down over 6lbs (since my official weigh in number, but about 10lbs for how my body weight flucuates).

I'm going to continue with the induction phase until I arrive at OCS in three weeks from today.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Well, it's been two weeks and so far so good! I honestly love this! I'm down over 6lbs (since my official weigh in number, but about 10lbs for how my body weight flucuates).

I'm going to continue with the induction phase until I arrive at OCS in three weeks from today.

Awesome progress, WTG!!