jiggly - don't understand!

Options
Hi! Im 5'5 and really small framed (my wrists are like toothpicks). I'm about 124 right now and I've got really jiggly arms and legs. I just saw a photo of myself running and I looked so ripple-y (not in a good way).

I've had my body fat tested and it's like 20%, which isn't that high. But I see people much bigger than me who seem so much more... solid? LIke their legs don't wiggle and jiggle.

Any one else have this problem?

Replies

• Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Fat % and muscle % are 2 different things. Sounds like you'd benifit by concentrating on firming, toning, weight lifting, resistance training.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I was the same - until I started lifting. SERIOUSLY it's like freakin magic. I don't hate my arms and legs anymore. I started with Jamie Eason's Live Fit program which is really accessible.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    How big were you before?

I have an unfortunate amount of loose skin that I got from my pregnancy that I'm trying to tighten down.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    lifting....vinyasa/power yoga.....pilates.
  • alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 5'5 and really small framed (my wrists are like toothpicks). I'm about 124 right now and I've got really jiggly arms and legs. I just saw a photo of myself running and I looked so ripple-y (not in a good way).

I've had my body fat tested and it's like 20%, which isn't that high. But I see people much bigger than me who seem so much more... solid? LIke their legs don't wiggle and jiggle.

Any one else have this problem?

That's my problem too. We need to lift and do compound exercises (ie squats, deadlifts, etc.)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting, weightlifting and more weightlifting!