Nervous about today's workout......need some help

Options
boberrymom
boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
Okay, I am on day 13 of insanity and i absolutely do love it but dread pure cardio days, today is no different but its worse, so i need some help.
I normally workout and do insanity with my husband but he is out of town, just left this morning. We follow the same calendar and are on the same days. Basically we motivate each other to keep going when we want to give up especially during pure cardio.
Well today is pure cardio and cardio abs and i am terrified i will just want to quit with him not here. I know this sounds crazy but i struggle with pure cardio alot of times and him telling me to keep going helps but today i am on my own as is he. We can't skype which was an option because he does not have internet access so i will be doing it by myself. I'm totally terrified that i am going to just want to give up in the first 10 minutes even just during the warmup.

Anyone have any tips, motivation, help? I'm totally scare :(

Jess

Replies

• JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Okay, I am on day 13 of insanity and i absolutely do love it but dread pure cardio days, today is no different but its worse, so i need some help.
    I normally workout and do insanity with my husband but he is out of town, just left this morning. We follow the same calendar and are on the same days. Basically we motivate each other to keep going when we want to give up especially during pure cardio.
    Well today is pure cardio and cardio abs and i am terrified i will just want to quit with him not here. I know this sounds crazy but i struggle with pure cardio alot of times and him telling me to keep going helps but today i am on my own as is he. We can't skype which was an option because he does not have internet access so i will be doing it by myself. I'm totally terrified that i am going to just want to give up in the first 10 minutes even just during the warmup.

Anyone have any tips, motivation, help? I'm totally scare :(

Jess

Speaker phone is an option, maybe? It is hard when you are doing it with a LIVE body and then they are no longer there. However you have live bodies here too that are doing it with you. Focus on calories (do you have a HRM?). You can mentally focus on beating someone here in calorie burn with the same workout and check in with them when you are done. I do not have this today, I am doing the week 2 Fit Test. But you could even do that maybe with your husband and help you both keep on task.
    Another option is its pure cardio and if it really bothers you that much doing it alone go for a 30-45min jog/run. You still get your cardio in and for the same duration you'd be doing Pure Cardio just in a different way. :D
    Hope that helps. You can do it, its all about your determination!
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for reply! I am finally done Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs.....i am so flippin' happy!!! It took me everything but i looked at how strong i was even through the warmup and i tell ya it gave me a little more motivation! Your post helped as well! I was thinking about the calorie burn i would get from it and it was awesome!!!

Thanks so much! Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs..... DONE!!!!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well done! Sorry I saw this after you nailed it but WOW well done for nailing it!

I don't like how he talks about 'how scared he is for what's coming', I find that very off putting, rather than encouraging. But you did exactly as you've been doing - the best you can and pushing to be that bit better every time! well done: )
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Thanks so much for reply! I am finally done Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs.....i am so flippin' happy!!! It took me everything but i looked at how strong i was even through the warmup and i tell ya it gave me a little more motivation! Your post helped as well! I was thinking about the calorie burn i would get from it and it was awesome!!!

Thanks so much! Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs..... DONE!!!!

That is so GREAT! You are going to be amazing....you already are over coming this obstacle and pushed thru the workout. :D I am so glad you did and I know you are too. Happy to help any time I can. This is why I LOVE having a group of people working together and supporting each other. ROCK ON!