shopping list??

Options
I'm starting insanity on Monday and I'm trying to get the diet in check. I've done P90X and had a hard time staying with the diet but the workouts were easy to do. so, this time I'm going to try and be strict. does anyone have a shopping list or a list of items you need every week? i feel overwhelmed with all the food choices. i wish there was a set menu with a weekly shopping guide. plus, being in NYC doesn't help me either... food is out of control expensive. Ideas????

Replies

• ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't help, it seems that most of the people active on this forum are sticking with their 'normal' food, and maybe adding a coupla hundred more calories, and I think a couple are drinking the Insanity-branded Shakeology protein drinks.

Maybe check the list and note what you like, then make a meal schedule for the week? Good luck!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    I'm starting insanity on Monday and I'm trying to get the diet in check. I've done P90X and had a hard time staying with the diet but the workouts were easy to do. so, this time I'm going to try and be strict. does anyone have a shopping list or a list of items you need every week? i feel overwhelmed with all the food choices. i wish there was a set menu with a weekly shopping guide. plus, being in NYC doesn't help me either... food is out of control expensive. Ideas????

I personally like that there is not a "set" food guide to follow. BUT I am following it best as I can with having a family. There is not a shopping list per say but I know that he has a lot of avocado in the menus. I will look around and see if I can find something for you.
  • shererorama
    Options
    Thanks! I've made an excel with every ingredient and im trying to create a shopping guide... I've got it down to picking out my meals for the week and buying accordingly. such a pain but it will be worth it. for some reason i find that P90X's diet being a bit easier to deal with.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Thanks! I've made an excel with every ingredient and im trying to create a shopping guide... I've got it down to picking out my meals for the week and buying accordingly. such a pain but it will be worth it. for some reason i find that P90X's diet being a bit easier to deal with.

You have the right idea. Unfortunately I did not find anything in terms of shopping list. Mainly because you get to choose your meals they are not re-set for you. Therefore, it would be hard to have a "list." But what you are doing is the best!
    Happy training!