protein shake

Options
LindieLu79
LindieLu79 Posts: 36 Member
Just curious... what brand of protein shake do you drink? I did a little research on the internet and came across rave reviews for Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein.... So I went to GNC yesterday and the girl at the counter goes "Is this for you?" I told her that it would be for me and my husband. She then asked if I was using it to lose weight or gain muscle.. i told her both. She then proceeded to tell me that I should look at a different brand (basically saying that you should only drink that if you're a man trying to build muscles). I was really put off by her.(Left the store buying absolutely nothing). What difference does it make if I am a man or a woman? It's not like that I'm drinking a bottle of steriods! I just want something to drink after my workouts that will repair my muscles and taste good.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Lili_Bunny
    Lili_Bunny Posts: 16
    Options
    I currently use Tera's Whey. It's whey protein from no RGBH cows, and you can also get an organic version. And it uses stevia instead of sugar. I mostly like it because it's very simple and the taste is good. You can get it on Amazon for decent prices.
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    I had the same experience in GNC but instead of walking out I bought some disgusting soy based powder. I now get mine from My Protein website (I'm in the UK) and use impact whey delux in vanilla.
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Everyone has a preference. I like ISS Research Complete whey from Bodybuilding.com.
  • DesignerToast
    Options
    That girl you talked to also probably believes that if she lifts heavy weights she'll get all "bulky" (not gonna happen).
    Sucks that you ran into that. If you're lifting heavy, then a protein shake is great for post workout, for men and for women. I like Gold Standard Whey myself. They sell it at GNC but you could find it on Amazon and elsewhere. The vanilla ice cream flavor is really tasty with banana and strawberry.