New to Medifast! (and Take Shape for Life)

Options
tpcooper
tpcooper Posts: 30 Member
I am doing Medifast through a Take Shape for Life coach. I just received my food and am on the program starting today. I have lost a lot of weight twice before, and hope I can do it one more time and keep it off. I look forward to interacting with you all on here!

Patrick

Replies

• Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Its awesome you will love it!!!
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Your going to love it! It's a great program. If you treat it like a diet you may gain all of your weight back. If you treat it like a program, listen to your coach, work on the Habits Of Health. You will never find those pounds you lose!
  • sstratto01
    sstratto01 Posts: 23
    Options
    Congrats - it is a different program. Make sure when you have lost your weight you move back to real food using their transition and maintenance programs. I think that really helps ingrain new eating habits. I lost over 80 pounds and have been in transition maintenance now about 4 months. No troubles keeping it off so far. Of course, i track every meal here.

Make sure to check out the Medifast Forums too. They are also a great place for support and ideas. You will find recipes for lean and green and alternative ways to fix some of the foods. It will also give you tips like, soak your chili for 24 hours so the beans get soft and you don't break a tooth. Another thing from the forums, I picked up sugar free torino syrup (usually in your grocery coffee aisle - or if you have a World Market store they have tons of flavors). and added that to some of my food replacing part of the water (for example: Brownie 2 T water 1 T sugar free raspberry syrup). I thought it helped improve the flavor and make some of it more palatable. I also got some sugar free cookie dough syrup - not needed - but really improved the soft baked cookie taste.

good luck - the first week is most difficult then it becomes routine. Drink the water and the weight will come off.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Day 1 of week 3 for me... and I can honestly say just the thought of putting all those calories from taco bell, or jack in the box into my body makes me sick! I had a "cheat" day last week... barely... ate one bad thing, still while staying under calories... and was sick. So it teaches you what is really good and bad for your body. I feel so great! Just fight through the first few weeks and you will be set! Plus there are so many awesome people on here that have great advice! Welcome!
  • tpcooper
    tpcooper Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well I made it one full week with no cheats! That is a pretty big step for me!

I did make a couple of mistakes but they don't seem to have hurt the plan - I didn't realize brussell sprouts were not ok and ate them as part of my lean and green one day. I also had a restaurant meal that had a few baby carrots in the mixed vegetables. I knew they weren't on the diet, but seemed pretty harmless. I don't call either a cheat though. If I ever do mess up and cheat it better be something really good. :-)

I am slightly concerned my weight loss is too fast. I lost 14.8 pounds in one week and can tell a dramatic difference in the mirror and my pants already feel better.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! That is a LOT of weight in one week! It's probably a lot of water weight (not all, but a lot of it) in the first week. It will slow down so I wouldn't worry too much. What is see a LOT with my clients is that there is a huge weight loss the forst week. The second week is a smaller but pretty good loss. The third week, little or no weight loss (but pants are MUCH bigger) and then about 2-5lbs each week thereafter. 10lbs in a month is really good.
    Keep going and see what happens. I lost more in my first week than I had in 7 months doing another plan that I won't mention :)