30 day Squat Challenge in review!

Options
Happy belated Mother's Day to All you moms out there:flowerforyou: .... and those single dads too :tongue:

So I completed my 30day Squat Challenge yesterday, I have to say, it was hard at first and there were more than a few days (once we started getting into the 100+reps) that I just couldnt finish! So I decided to split my reps up in to 2 sets... mornings and nights. I finally was able to do over 100 reps in a single set. Woohoo!

I have seen some change since starting this challenge, nothing major, but changes non-the less. pants are starting to fit MUCH looser and my stamina has increased dramatically!

What changes have you guys seen/noticed in yourselves?

I dont know about you, but I am going to start this challenge ALL OVER AGAIN starting today with only 1 change; I am not going to split my reps... thats right we're going straight through the required amount of the day!!!

I'm excited to find out what my changes will be in June!

Replies

• Holdenke1
    Holdenke1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I also finished the challenge yesterday. I couldn't post all weekend because I was on vacation with no internet connection. I must admit, it was difficult towards the end, and I too had to split my reps at times to do 100 at a time, and sometimes 20 at a time. I'm not as good as you 'Race2the9'. I will not be repeating this challenge. Although I do not want to let all my hard work go to waste, so I am going to do 50 reps a day, taking a few days rest throughout the week. Also incorporating 50 stomach crunches a day, because that's where I really need the help.

I did see results in that my upper thighs are very solid now. Not sure what else I accomplished, although I'm sure there was something because this was quite a challenge.

Congrats to all of us!
  • Race2the9
    Race2the9 Posts: 77
    Options
    Way to stay motivated Holdenke1.

Remember, strength has nothing to do with will and determination!

You'll always do well in life so long as you don't quit at whatever you are doing! My kids get frustrated with me when I say to them to never say "I can't" in everything they do.

I'm happy to see that you and the rest of us stuck with it and that you'll continue to do some form of it in your daily routine!
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    ChristinaLeeConway Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I finished yesterday, and I am so glad I stuck with it! My legs feel so much stronger. I can do sets of 50 with no problems and only take about a 10 second break before doing a second set of 50 :) . I am going to join the May 30 day squat challenge and join them where they are...on day 13. Should be even better the second time around!
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I finished yesterday as well. So glad I did this challenge! I feel so much stronger, my back-side looks great (according to my Hubby), and I am looking forward to keeping up with squats on a daily basis. Maybe not 250... okay, definitely not 250, but maybe 100 a day and see how it goes.

Congrats to everyone who has finished and in advance to those of you getting close to the finish line!