Motivational quote of the day

Options
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle

Replies

• dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli..." - Peter Clemenza
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    did someone say cannoli?
  • pgmayer
    pgmayer Posts: 53
    Options
    "Habit is habit and not to be flung out the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs one step at a time."
    Mark Twain
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Doris thought center stage was a geographical location. I always thought, "but center stage is where I am." martha graham
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'

Muhammad Ali
  • pgmayer
    Options
    "If you want to look young and thin, hang around old fat people. "
    Jim Eason
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    "If you want to look young and thin, hang around old fat people. "
    Jim Eason

And now my friends are going to have to find a different fat person to hang with. :bigsmile:
  • jonoverturf
    jonoverturf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "Do or do not...there is no try."
    -Yoda
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'

Muhammad Ali

I'm curious bud. I wonder if he thinks his sacrifice was 'worth it,' looking at him today? I'd ask you the same... I tried to come up with my own answers but couldn't- not being in Ali's mind-not knowing what his prospects and goals were. As for me, I've never thought my simple life could include fame and notoriety and never really wanted more money than I need to get by. Then again, maybe I've 'sold out?" hmmm too early in the morning for navel gazing
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

Muhammad Ali

I'm curious bud. I wonder if he thinks his sacrifice was 'worth it,' looking at him today? I'd ask you the same... I tried to come up with my own answers but couldn't- not being in Ali's mind-not knowing what his prospects and goals were. As for me, I've never thought my simple life could include fame and notoriety and never really wanted more money than I need to get by. Then again, maybe I've 'sold out?" hmmm too early in the morning for navel gazing

For him, it was much more than just money. He was a black man in the 60's and 70's. He could have been a quiet champion, taken the money and done as he was told. But he fought against the government and against racism. He did a lot of good as the result of his fight. His life meant something. Not many people can say that.
  • pgmayer
    Options
    " You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is. "
    Ellen Degeneres