Options
PamHealthMission
PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
May16IMG_8229_zps65c46f50.png

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Sort of. I'm Grumpy Cat this morning because this sore throat is really getting me down. It's like razor blades, and I couldn't sleep for it last night. And that thing that hangs down in the back of my throat is huge. It's driving me crazy. grrrrr. So, I don't know what I'll get done today. I got the new Hunger Games challenge weekly exercises: glute kicks & bicep curls. I want to just jump up and start working out...but all I can think about is how bad my throat hurts and my ears itch. But I must get better....because.. (drumroll)..FitnessBlender is gonna be releasing a NEW 1000 CALORIE WORKOUT soon!! I'm sooOOOoooo excited! So, besides gargling saltwater & having chamomile w/honey...if anyone knows any remedies for a swollen thingy that hangs down in the back of the throat...let me know! :smile:

Oh yeah! Spring Break is officially over...and it's just me and my quiet lil girl at home today. Noisy boy is back to school and my nerves are a little thankful for that. I suppose I'll take him to lessons today (if I'm not feeling worse by then) and hit the park, but after yesterday's so-so attempt at running while sick, I'll probably just walk.

I hope everyone has a great Monday. It's when I am sick that I appreciate wellness so much more. So, if you are well today--be thankful and hit it extra hard 'cause you never know when you might be laid up.

:heart:
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Its Monday....a new week, a fresh start :)

Sorry I did not get much posting done on the weekend, I guess it was a bit busy with Mothers Day and everything. My son is also in a music concert last night/tonight/tmrw night.....so that has been stressing me out somewhat. However, last nights show was awesome....he plays guitar, bass, keyboard, banjo and mandolin. Can't wait for tonights show now :)

Happy to report that the scale was down this morning....and a Monday morning at that. We did eat out on Saturday night, and I probably went over in cals a bit.....but not terribly. Then last night I was nervous due to the concert so I didn't really have much appetite.

Saturday, ran 6K and took Sunday as a rest day. Today....I am going to try a DVD workout of Bob from Biggest Loser. See how that goes. Have a great Monday everyone!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a talented son you have! And "yay" for a lighter scale on a Monday!

My son didn't have much homework & I feel awful :sick: , so we skipped today--no park--no jogging--no walking. I'm going to have so much to catch up on later this week. :indifferent:
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes happy Monday..Sherry you may just need to rest sometimes our body jumps in and makes us do things. Keep drinking the tea. I'm hoping to increase workout time and hitt today...although the burn on the Pilate's workout was something else glutes are screaming this morning ....

Hang in there new week to get closer to your goal
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Last week was rough! Between work, and just feeling exhausted I wasn't on at all and hardly exercised :frown: However, I did 12 mi on Saturday, rested on Sunday and 4 mi this morning. My husband and I will be in Miami in 4 weeks, and I'm determined to see a significant change before then! I'll be working out every day this week, and taking a Sunday rest.
    Get well soon Sherry!:flowerforyou:
    Have a great day everyone!:bigsmile:
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good Day Monday Team!

Today was the first exercise session of Chalene Extreme which I will do for the next 90 days. I updated stats and had DH take "before" photos this morning for my own personal comparisons at 30-60-90 days.. I have more WORK to do to have my body like I "prefer".

Burn Circuit 1 worked the legs, shoulders, chest, obliques, and arms. I was able to do all the required push-up reps on my toes with a mild struggle. There was definitely a cardio affect throughout this strength training circuit. Dumbbells in use were from the lowest of 7.5 lb set to 18.75 lb set. I had plans of lifting heavier this round of CLX in comparison to two years ago and I accomplished that today!

Sherry: that throat of yours sounds awful and I pray you get some kind of relief for it soon. Sore throats are just out right irritating! I don't know of any relief suggestions other than what you are already doing as long as it is not strep. See the doc if there is not improvement real soon. Rest!

Maureen: your son is so musically talented and I know you all enjoy hearing him play. My oldest grand son is in the school band and plays piano and trumpet. I've not been able to visit any recitals because we live out of town but he played for us during a visit to there home. I am excited for you that the number on the scale went down...heehee. My number was up and a surprise to me...my actual weigh-in is the 1st & 15th of the month but due to starting a fitness program I weighed sooner. :blushing:
    Have a great workout session today!

Toni: screaming glutes are a good indicator that you WORKED that muscle! :happy: Have a good session later today.

Carley: good runs over the weekend....I just admire all of you runners around here. You sound very determined to be ready for that Miami "reveal" in four weeks....you WILL do it!

Readybut sure: Yep...I DID cut my hair very short!:wink: It's perfect for warmer weather.

Have a marvelous Monday everyone!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing a vinyasa flow yoga class at home after my principal's retirement party and hubby's softball games.

Sherry: I've heard that bourbon and honey can help with the sore throat. For a swollen uvula ("hangy down thingie"), popsicles, salt water gargle, water with apple cider vinegar.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Maureli: Your son sounds very talented. I wish i could play one instrument.

Sherry: Sorry to hear that your throat is still bothering you. Hope you feel better soon!

Pam: I know you will see great results. That is great that you were able to see progress already!

Auntsammy: I am not familiar with that style of yoga. How is it different from traditional yoga.

Ctpeace: I like your workout plan for this week. You sound determined to meet your goal. Good for you!

Hurdisnie: what kind of pilates did you do? I have not yet come across a pilates that makes me burn. I did pilates this weekend. I think it was called malibu pilates with this chair apparatus that i sat and laid on. It had foot pedals too. But i didn't feel like it gave me a workout.

I had a nice weekend. My hubby and I spent time with his mom. I am really super blessed to have such a wonderful mother-in-law. I called my mom too and talked to my grandma yesterday. That was good to talk to them.

I am waiting to see if my hubby are going to the gym tonight. I am giving it another 45 minutes and then at 8 o'clock I am jumping on my elliptical that i have at home. My plan is to do it and/or something else and work out for a total of an hour. I will probably watch some Fringe. I have been watching some of that lately.

I am going to pack a lunch tonight. I will probably grill some chicken to take to work tomorrow so i don't end up eating school lunch.

Smiles,
    Ash :-) :-)
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    After my C25K the other night at work my glutes were soooooore. I think I pushed harder than normal, and it being on the treadmill I kept a steady pace. Anyhoo, I didn't get to do it the next night at work because one of my co-workers went home sick. I got W2D1 done today though! Not as fast, but I was pushing a double jogging stroller and moving out of the way of oncoming vehicles (rural roads) so it's to be expected! :laugh:
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello

Still sore, and roasting hot, it was like 99 here today and my house is like 90 right now.. So I did a quick warm up and FB Express Cardio which was 10 min and I am way over heated.... I have to get a long one in but with 10 min. there is no excuses to take a break and so I was able to push me self.

Pam yes, It was a good workout I am going to do it again this week, I am going to focus on my problem areas - (poach the pear, shave a little all the way around) excuse me I drank too much coffee today. :bigsmile:

Ash- Fitness Blenders has Pilates workouts. I don't too much get sore any where else but my glutes need the most work so when you are to hold the pose and press I squeeze until I scream... I really want results there... all their workout videos are free on YouTube. I like them no junk just the workout.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gugu8jehy7A&list=PLfa7f915qcoyu2FusZKzkMa_KyN8hYQR_

Way to go everyone looking good :drinker: