May 14th

Options
Didn't see one for today so thought I would start one.

Pure Cardio was done this morning at 430am!!! Noticed a difference in my endurance from last week. Warmup was done without a break and only took two breaks during the actual routine. Both during exercises I just can't do at this point. Not too shabby.

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Wow.. workout at 4:30 am - you get extra points for this one! :)

I'm not sure I'll be able to complete today's workout before evening, but nothing's gonna stop me!
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    I was verrry sluggish today. I had a hard time throughout the whole workout today. Inever got to that YEAH point where it just kicks in and I did not sweat or work nearly as hard as I had been. I found that each time I hit pause to catch my breath I had to super motivate myself to get through it. I am wondering if working out first thing in the morning without eating first has something to do with it. I have always been a morning exercise person, but insanity is obviously a more strenuous workout than the walking and yoga I usually do! What do you guys think? Any other morning workout people have a snack before jumping in? What do you suggest? Maybe I am over-analyzing. After all this was only one day, but I am feeling disappointed in myself. Maybe I will try and re-do some of the drills later today....hmmmm. Anyone else have a workout that they struggled to get all the way through? How did you handle it, physically and mentally?
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    I workout in the morning on an empty stomach. I know you are supposed to eat a small snack beforehand but since I am doing mine so early, 430 during the week, I don't eat anything. I am a natural morning person so I am sure that helps me tremendously.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about the off workout, either try to redo it later, or just chalk it up as an off day and go for a walk later instead. Recharge and try again tomorrow. Could just be your bodys way of saying it needed another recovery day of sorts.
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    sarahruizfitnessjourney Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I had to do my workout (Pure Cardio) this morning as well since I have something in the evening preventing me from working out. I usually workout in the afternoon or evening not in the morning. I'm not a morning person so the workout this morning was a little tougher than usual. Like aletadiana I was a little more sluggish than usual but I'm thinking it had to do with working out earlier than usual, not eating before working out and my kids waking up earlier than expected and running around me while I was trying to finish the workout. Even though I was a little sluggish I'm proud of myself for sticking with it and finishing. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I won't be as sluggish. Way to go everyone that has already finished today and best of luck to those finishing later. Keep up the good work everyone!!! I love that I found this group, it helps to have support and motivation from others who are doing the same workout as me.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm an asthmatic, so my stamina isn't always the best. That being said, I'm finding that while I still feel like I take a lot of breaks, when I do work it, I seem to be keeping closer to the pace that they are setting. So overall, I'm pleased with my progress.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I always struggle with pure cardio.. I just watch my heart monitor and back it down when I max out. There are definiately some exercises I need to take to low impact, but my heart rate is up and I'm pushing myself. It's not where you start, it's where you end.

I usually get up about 45 min before I work out and have a smoothie. I don't work out right afterwards, but I make my food for the rest of the day to take to work (2nd breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack, all at about 300 cal).
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Phew! Pure cardio completed. I can not tell if I struggled through it more than when I did it for the first time, difficult to say. Tough. I am almost looking forward to Plyo tomorrow instead!

I almost never work out in the morning, if I do, exercising on an empty stomach doesn't bother me. Best snack before exercising is supposed to be protein with some fat, like a small piece of chicken with nuts. Never tried it though.

I am so proud of our group! you all rock!
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am SO happy this group is here.. first off a lot of us are saying pure cardio today was slow/sluggish etc well I felt the same exact way I was gonna ask if anyone found it harder today than last week and apparently a few people are so we are all together on this. I absolutley hate cardio and this is killer! I notice the more I push myself the better the results the next time. Glad everyone worked out today I was SO close to not doing it today. Stick with it all we are all saying a lot of the same things... Pure Cardio Pure Torture....that is all.
  • talenarenee
    talenarenee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just finished Month 1 today I did Cardio Power and Resistance. Since I took off last weekend for the MUN trip to Seoul, I'm starting the "recovery week" tomorrow. I'm going back up to Seoul this week for some professional development classes so I'm hoping that there is a gym or at least some decent padding in my hotel room for me to continue to work out. If not, it's at least a great walking city. I just don't want to get too far behind!
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 9: Pure Cardio (x2!)

A'ight, so for today, I was disappointed in myself. I woke up at 6:35AM to eat something and give myself about an hour or two to get that out the way, then workout. Well, I didn't eat nothing and I went back to bed (Man, Studying for Finals this week has got me whipped...). My Alarm by way of a Friend Call woke me up at 8AM and I had no choice but to not eat, and hit the floor running, so to speak. I'm slowly becoming a morning person and I prefer working out in the mornings because by nighttime, I'm exhausted. Well, attempt 1 at Pure Cardio was a disaster; I too felt sluggish and for some reason, the workouts were kicking my a$% and I was sweating and feeling the burn at odd points throughout the video. I proceeded to push myself through the slug feeling and I just kept coming short on everything by at least half the reps. I finally finished the video and darted out, but not before eating something. Came back after today's Final and I put the Pure Cardio DVD right back in, wanting to do alot better than earlier, and pushed myself for the second time today. I did ALOT better, I was proud to push through and do everything, even with the correct form! (for those of you who read my last Daily Check-in with Pure Cardio) I won't lie and have to be honest with y'all, I did stop short 2-3 reps on some of the workouts, but I did great otherwise! I'm glad to see that it wasn't just me having problems! Congrats to all of y'all for pushing through this unanimous "Slug Day."
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Helps me feel so much better to hear from everyone else! After talking to my boyfriend he thinks that I should eat a little something first thing (like a couple apple slices or half a yogurt) then take the dog out for 15 minutes before starting the workout. I tend to get low blood sugar so that could have contributed this morning! I also think after reading everyone's feedback that it might have just been an "off" day and could completely change tomorrow!
    Thanks everyone, I am so grateful to have this resource!!!
  • rafcon
    rafcon Posts: 11
    Options
    Finished Pure Cardio tonight. I agree with many of the posters. Wasn't my best. I pushed and sweated and got my heart rate up, but at the completion, just felt a little underwhelmed. Normally I'm amp'ed when I come back in from my workout. Hopefully it is common... sounds like it might be. Good night!!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Chasero, you get the title "Perfectionist of the Day" :)