Need Crossfit support

Options
Hey ladies and gents! I've been working out at a box on and off for almost a year now doing the lighter classes, such as bootcamp and Crossfight. I've recently decided about a month ago to move indoors for the regular WOD's and let me tell you, I definitely need the encouragement and support on MFP. It seems that many people on here are weary of CF and I would love to add more people that have drank the kool-aid!

Replies

• quirkyone1
    quirkyone1 Posts: 78
    Options
    Glad to see you diving in! My box has a form of bootcamp classes that tend to attract a lot of the women. I'd love to see more come over to the crossfit side.
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    TX_Aggie_Dad Posts: 173
    Options
    I just tell people that Crossfit has this way of making women incredibly hot. It does wonders for guys as well, but I'm constantly amazed at the women at my box and the transformations they have made, both physically and mentally. You come out the other side knowing you can accomplish anything and that confidence is awesome to see. Plus it's fun to see the look on people's faces when you tell them that you do Crossfit.

To add, I make those comments with the biggest transformation I've seen being in my wife. She's been doing crossfit for almost a year now and it's really cool to hear how excited she gets when she PR's a lift. Just the other day she did a double under for the first time and you'd have thought she won the lottery.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    You are in the right group, as we have all drank the kool-aid! I've been Crossfitting for a year now and I'm in love! I've seen a huge transformation in my body and my mind. Best of luck on your Crossfit journey!
  • leenie96
    leenie96 Posts: 65
    Options
    I do love the strength gains and just being amazed at the things that my body can do, what I love the most though is the CF community. Everyone is so supportive and helpful, it's really nice to be in that kind of environment.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on MFP shun crossfit. Usually because they have heard negatives from someone else who has never been involved with it. Me I thought man these are some tough people. Let me see for myself and have been hooked ever since. While I won't give up the gym for it and share time in both. I say let me do me, win or lose.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm a Crossfit n00b, but would love to have more CF friends...feel free to add me!!
  • turab
    turab Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm a new kid too! I've been going to regular classes for about two weeks now.

Can any veterans mention how long it took them to start noticing improvements? I'm not talking dropping 40 pounds or anything. Just when did you start to see your body tighten up? When did you start feeling stronger in WODs?