deeschange
deeschange Posts: 186 Member
How are you dealing with the anxiety?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Beer. :ohwell: ....and exercise.

It sucks, no doubt about it. I've been past it for years and it hasn't gotten better.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Valerian helps, but it makes me sleepy. But then, so does beer.
  • joolson45
    joolson45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    managing mine with medication ,and went to therapy to learn some coping techniques... excersise helps...:)
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Holy Basil helps me & bioidentical progesterone. My new PCP had done an extensive blood panel on me (detailed female hormone panel, TSH, thyroid, etc). My estrogen is high as well as having an autoimmune disorder effecting my thyroid. They put me on a bioidentical progesterone which really helps (high estrogen = anxiety/panicky feeling) calm things down.
  • wonlife
    wonlife Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tried managing it for a year with St. John's Wort and Magnesium but it was not improving, actually steadily got worse. I finally started on Cymbalta in February and ....wow. I can't believe how much better I feel!
  • Blondish1
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am a new here. I also tried all the natural stuff, St. John's Wort, Ambrien and felt much worse. I had a horrible time managing anxiety. Unfortunately had some help from a pill pushing doctor. I was out on anti anxiety drugs for 4 months and gained 30 lbs and quit taking them. I am not sure what was worse, how I felt when I started them or the horrible time stopping them. Be very careful if you are prescribed these drugs. I am now taking HRT and doing better. I must say I will take the periods instead. How long does this last? Wow sorry for all of the complaining just want to feel like me again.
  • Ginoo
    Ginoo Posts: 56
    Options
    I meditate twice a day.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Exercise, B-complex vitamin, staying active, keeping my mind focused on positive things, reading the Bible and prayer.
    Adequate rest and good nutrition help too.
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I meditate twice a day.

Boy do I ever need to do that, but I have no idea where to start.
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    pms smoothie from the channel 4 programme, not sure what it's called but has doctor in the title

2 table spoons oats

1/2 banana

300ml soy milk

handful blueberries

handful strawberries

dash of cinamon

i've been having this daily recently and feel not too bad, also taking b6 50mg and exercising. i am on hrt,
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wait, anxiety? That's a new one I haven't experienced yet. :noway:

Oh goody, something else to look forward to! :sad:
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Hey, I feel for you. I never had anxiety until I went perimenopausal. I thought I was losing my mind. Staying busy helps me, also working up a good sweat seems to squash it. Prayer, sweat, repeat! good luck, you are not alone. Hugs!