New to forum-Gastric Sleeve

Options
bkimmel63
bkimmel63 Posts: 1 Member
I had a Gastric Sleeve in mid January 2013, am losing weight slowly...I'm really happy with how my health is turning around. I've got lots of energy and my A1C is down to 6.3, and my triglycerides are down to 115 from 230+, so it's working.

I was about 225 lbs when I had the surgery, and I am wondering what other peoples experiences and weight loss trends are with the sleeve. If you have some experience, please share.

Thanks!

:laugh:

Replies

• gwen6971
    gwen6971 Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome. Congrats on your success.
  • Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I am 2 years post sleeve. It does come off slowly and that is the way I prefer it. I do have to be extra careful because I still absorb everything I eat. Good and bad. :ohwell: I lost a lot of mine early and it is coming off slower now, but i am less active now than i was. so i think it goes hand in hand. Glad to hear you are feeling good and you health is improving! keep up the great work girl!!!
  • HRHCaragh
    HRHCaragh Posts: 39
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! I'm new to this board and my surgery date is May 8th 2013. I changed my eating habits drastically in October and have lost 63 lbs, so have been told that I will lose slower than other post sleeve patients. Since October my blood pressure and blood sugar meds (metformin) are down to half of what they were and my goal is not to be on ANY of them really soon. How did the first weeks go after surgery? Do you have more energy now?
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Twiskers
    Twiskers Posts: 9
    Options
    My name is Twiskers,

I get my surgery on April 30th 2013 So in a few days.

I'm new here and haven't many friends in my real world right now whom I feel understand what I'm about to go through. Saw this group and figured I'd give internet buddies a try!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Welcome Twiskers and everyone else new here. This is a great group here. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need support!
  • HRHCaragh
    HRHCaragh Posts: 39
    Options
    3 more days Twiskers! You can do it! :)
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    I had RNY in December 2011. I am down 152lbs and still losing. I am aiming for another 40-80 lbs. Best thing I ever did. My high blood pressure is non-existant now, my A1C has come down to below 6 and I feel fantastic. :) Props to all of you that had the courage to join us on the loser's bench!
  • ashleegil
    ashleegil Posts: 26
    Options
    I am 19 Days post op and I have lost 31 pounds including my 1 week liquid diet 9 pounds.
  • joslynjeanne
    joslynjeanne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 19 Days post op and I have lost 31 pounds including my 1 week liquid diet 9 pounds.
    Did you have your surgery on April 25? I had mine on the 26th. I am down 17 pounds at 3 weeks post op. Seemed low to me when hearing others numbers, but I try to remember that down is good and it is not a race but an individual journey.