Jillian Michaels & Insanity at same time

Options
Never2Late2BU
Never2Late2BU Posts: 14 Member
Is it crazy to try doing both JMBR and Insanity at the same time?

I'm really trying to drop the pounds....Has anyone tried this?

Replies

• dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

No, I would do one or the other, not both. JMBR you work different muscles each day, so you're not overworking muscles or using them back to back days. This allows them to repair and rebuild. You can do extra cardio during JMBR, which a lot of people do to burn extra calories.
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I waited until I completed JMBR to begin Insanity. I think both together may be too much if you are doing them both full time. If you only did Insanity a couple times a week and JMBR 6 then I think you'd be fine. Now I'm doing Insanity 3 days a week and Ripped in 30 3 days a week.
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can barely do an elliptical session on the same day as a JMBR workout, lol...
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options

No, I would do one or the other, not both. JMBR you work different muscles each day, so you're not overworking muscles or using them back to back days. This allows them to repair and rebuild. You can do extra cardio during JMBR, which a lot of people do to burn extra calories.

I agree - do one or the other and just do extra cardio stuff either the cardio videos or run. I think JMBR works so good because of the way it is broken into different days.