Started at W3D1, worried about W4

Options
Fab30s
Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
So I finally started the program today. I had hesitated because I thought I could get myself running if I did it in intervals with walking, with no program. However I was starting to get demotivated coz once I walked, I walked too long and failed to get myself running again. Anyway, glad am with the program now and I started at W3D1. It went perfectly- I did it for 40 minutes. Feeling a sense of accomplishment. However I am worried about week 4. running 3 minutes was quite tiring. will I be able to do intervals of 5 minute jogging? I need your motivation.

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job restarting and learning how to motivate yourself. That will help you in areas other than running too. That's a great accomplishment.

The answer is that two weeks ago you were looking at one minute of running and wondering if you could make. Three sounded insane. Now you're doing three minutes and five sounds insane. Next week will be the same thing, except you'll be doing 5 minutes and the next one up will sound insane.

All I can tell you is to slow down and trust the program. It's set to strengthen you so that, by the time it asks you to bump it up a notch, you'll be ready. By the same token, if you struggle getting through a day, there is no shame in redoing it. As long as you focus on getting through your next run you'll be fine.
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was terrified going into week 4! I was sure there was no way I would be able to complete it, but I did! Just try your best and remember that the worst thing that could happen is that you'll have to walk a little... And so what? Atleast your out there doing it. You will surprise yourself every single week with what you are capable of. Good luck! You got this!
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you both very much. That is exactly what I needed. I am feeling more confident about succeeding.