Is your midsection larger now?

Options
ctalimenti
ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
I've noticed that my waistline is a few inches larger at the same weight now that I am almost 50. How about everyone else and can we get rid of it or not? You hear about clean eating and such but is this just here to stay because of redistribution?

Replies

• cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    At 41, my waist is back to being the same size as it was when I was in my teens - thanks to lifting. BTW I don't eat clean, I would like to but I don't.
  • ctalimenti
    Options
    At 41, my waist is back to being the same size as it was when I was in my teens - thanks to lifting. BTW I don't eat clean, I would like to but I don't.

Wow, you look great! I better pick up some weights. How often and how much do you lift?
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about my mid section but but my back has, i've gone up 2 sizes in a shirt and it's not my belly but my back :(
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I've always had a thick waist, so I work at developing my shoulders, glutes and thighs so that it doesn't seem so disproportionate. I do feel like my waist is getting thicker as I'm getting older despite being more fit and lighter than I've been in over a decade.

I guess that means more squats and lunges.
  • ctalimenti
    Options
    bump
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i always had a big waist, that's my body shape. At the moment though the weight seems to stay there, even though I've lost 20lb it hasn't gone down. I've been trying really hard with abs (has flattened my belly a treat but no effect on the waistline) and with hula hooping and other stuff but it hasn't worked yet.

In my mid-30s I had a 30 inch waist and now it's 36. Would so much like to be back there.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    lost 7 inch on my waist, Zumba rocks!
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've read lots of articles that discuss how as women age -- particularly if they are menopausal -- they gain in their midsection. I certainly have noticed this to be true and I'm 45.

Also - YES! Back fat! UGH... that has been growing...

There is no such thing as spot burning... you just have to lose the fat, and make sure you have built up some muscle underneath so it looks good!