5'5'' CW:138.4 GW:125 Looking for encouragement parnters!

Options
Hi! My name is Lindsay and I'm 25 years old and I'm 5'5''. I have an exact BMI of 23.
Normal weight BMI = 18.5 - 24.9

My freshman year of college, I weighed about 160 lbs. (which isn't horrible, but I knew I needed to lose some extra fluff). I had horrible eating habits and never exercised. Throughout college, I picked up running, and became more aware of what I was consuming. Over time, that brought me down to about 145 lbs. I stuck with the 140-145 fluctuation for a couple years, then I picked up running around 2009. I ran my first half marathon Fall 2009, and the training for that brought me down to about 135 lbs. (this is the lowest I've ever been). I loved the way I felt about myself. I have stuck with the running ever since, however, my eating habits have slid into the gutter once again, and it's causing my weight to slowly climb. Easter this year, I was 143 lbs. and I knew I needed to change something (considering Easter the year before, I was around 135 lbs.). I started using my fitness pal on and off quite a few months ago, but now it's time to get serious. My absolute goal dream weight of perfection is 125 lbs. [just so I have some room to fluctuate when I NEED to down a whole basket of French Fries and a beer at the pub every once in awhile :)]. This would put me at a BMI of 20.8 (slightly more towards the middle of normal, rather than my current high 23). My current weight is 138.4 and I really want to get this down as soon as possible (in a health conscious way)!

I've found myself browsing before and after pictures all over the web, and that is SO encouraging for me. It reminds me that anyone is capable of reaching their goal, whether it is 5 lbs. or 200 lbs. I believe that all goals are equally important, and when a goal is conquered, a magnificent feat has been accomplished!

It is easier for me to stay encouraged if I know somebody is doing this along with me. If anyone out there wants to join me in a journey towards a goal, let's do it! I need an encouragement partner!

Replies

• wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I have a BMI of 21.5. I'm all for encouraging people! I'm 5'6" and 133.2 lbs, my goal weight is 115 - 120 lbs. You're more than welcome to friend me if you feel like I'd be able to help encourage you in your journey.

I run 3.2 miles Monday-Friday, and walk/hike on weekends.
  • sarahbeara3655
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I am 23, 5'5 and right now I am fluctuating between 126-128, I wanted to get down to about 120 which seems pretty close to me but it's taking FOREVER! I can walk for miles upon miles without getting tired but I really would like to start easing my way into running because as of now any running seems like the death of me! haha I would love to learn how you girls transitioned and built that endurance up :)
  • jennabeeeee
    Options
    Hey! I'm also looking for encouragement partners!

I'm 22 and I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle (I own an online jewelry store called Glow Worm Shop.) So, unfortunately, I spend a lot of time on the computer.

I'm 5'2 and currently am fluctuating between 120 and 123. My goal weight is 110 lb.-- but I'll be happy if I can just get under 120. :-3
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Not so sure what my BMI is, but i am almost 21.
    I am 5'4.5 and weigh about 125.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I am 23, 5'5 and right now I am fluctuating between 126-128, I wanted to get down to about 120 which seems pretty close to me but it's taking FOREVER! I can walk for miles upon miles without getting tired but I really would like to start easing my way into running because as of now any running seems like the death of me! haha I would love to learn how you girls transitioned and built that endurance up :)

Couch to 5K! I went from zero running at all to a pretty comfortable 5k at a 10 minute mile pace in a month. I started at the beginning but I pushed myself harder than the plan allows, if you follow it, though, you can get there in a couple months. And it works!