GOING C R A Z Z Z Z Y!!!

Options
Scubanana7
Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
oKAY, I have become OCD with counting calories, carbs, fat, protein, sugar, sodium., calories in, calories burned. I lost 43 pounds doing so. Yay me.

Now I decided to shake up my already lower-carb diet by going Atkins. I read what to eat, what not to eat. But they don't give me anything to COUNT. I can't take it. I have to count things to lose weight. Yep, I get to count carbs......Carb minus Fiber. Big deal. I NEED more COUNTS.

I am aiming for 1400 calories/day. Okay, I get 20 net carbs. so HOW MUCH Fat do I get? I need a number. How much protein am I striving for? I can't even choke down that much chicken in a day and I am totally unused to eating cheese or mayo, etc. I am freaking out. I NEED NUMBERS. I love cheese, but I am afraid of stopping up the engine. I really just don't understand the fat thing. They say eat fat...but HOW MUCH????

Anyone got any numbers, grams, ounces, or goals for me to count besides just net carbs???

and speaking of net carbs, do I subtract sugars? I am confused and C R A Z Z Z Y!

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Do NOT subtract sugars! You can subtract fiber and sugar alcohols if there are any (usually in sugar free candies). As for the fat grams...a lot! Without the carbs, your body will burn fat for energy. If you don't get enough fat , your body will start burning muscle. I usually have about 80 grams a day, sometimes more. Im no expert but this is what has worked for me. And I have become obsessed about this diet and exercise stuff. But the only difference is that I used to be obsessed about shoveling food into my mouth!
    I eat plenty of cheese and I'm not stopped up. Flaxseed is low carb and high fiber.
    You can add me if you want.
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have between 80-100 grams of fat per day. Use olive oil, coconut oil etc. And FULL FAT dairy. That means no fat free salad dressing etc. Eggs are a great protein source as well. I don't eat red meat so my protein basically comes from eggs, tuna. chicken, pork, fish.
  • livinglc
    livinglc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    oKAY, I have become OCD with counting calories, carbs, fat, protein, sugar, sodium., calories in, calories burned. I lost 43 pounds doing so. Yay me.

Now I decided to shake up my already lower-carb diet by going Atkins. I read what to eat, what not to eat. But they don't give me anything to COUNT. I can't take it. I have to count things to lose weight. Yep, I get to count carbs......Carb minus Fiber. Big deal. I NEED more COUNTS.

I am aiming for 1400 calories/day. Okay, I get 20 net carbs. so HOW MUCH Fat do I get? I need a number. How much protein am I striving for? I can't even choke down that much chicken in a day and I am totally unused to eating cheese or mayo, etc. I am freaking out. I NEED NUMBERS. I love cheese, but I am afraid of stopping up the engine. I really just don't understand the fat thing. They say eat fat...but HOW MUCH???

Hi. It took going on my my fitness pall to start counting more than carbs. Before that, I wrote every days carbs in a notebook. Added every day, then averaged it for the week. I'm a counter too!. I started using MFP
    once I learned about it, to find out what my average protein and fat was. I found I maxed out on carbs before I maxed out on calories and I was aiming foe 1200cal, and 35 or less carbs.
    Sounds like you were doing great on your other plan. What were you doing and why are you changing?
    I consider myself a general low carber ,but Atkins had the best advice for managing low carb life.

but Atkins books had the best advice on how to manage the lifestyle.

Anyone got any numbers, grams, ounces, or goals for me to count besides just net carbs???

and speaking of net carbs, do I subtract sugars? I am confused and C R A Z Z Z Y!