Zombies, run 5k

Hey guys, my girlfriend told me about this App and it seems pretty awesome, I can't wait to start. I unsuccessfully tried to do c25k and just got bored so I thought this would be something a bit different.
Just a question, if i do the Zombies 5k does the progress of town building and that progress onto the full app? I'm a bit OCD about progression and I can't find information anywhere that says whether it does or doesnt.
Thanks!

Replies

• nytefalle
    nytefalle Posts: 63
    The 5k training missions do not count toward the regular missions.
  • Ordrun
    Ordrun Posts: 3
    So any upgrade you apply to the base and so on, does not carry over?
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Exactly. They're two separate apps, in fact, base building is not a part of the 5K at all. The 5K is entirely geared towards taking you from couch potato to runner in eight weeks, and story wise takes place inside Abel, between the first and the second missions in the main app.

And if you are a beginner runner I STRONGLY recommend giving the Z5K a fair chance! I just finished it, and it was completely worth it in every way.
  • Ordrun
    Ordrun Posts: 3
    Ah thanks, that clears up my misconceptions! I'll probably start with the 5k one first
  • dragon1ady
    The zombie chases are a lot less frustrating if you do, I think they assume you're not a beginner for those.

Story wise, the 5K goes right after the first mission in Season 1, and right before the second, so if you're buying both anyway and care about that part... since I'm OCD about that, did them in that order. Finished the 5K the other day, picked up on mission 2 earlier this evening.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Story wise, the 5K goes right after the first mission in Season 1, and right before the second,

Dang, I wish I'd have known that a few weeks ago. ;)
  • dragon1ady
    It's a stand-alone story. You can skip the 5K and never miss out on anything important. :)

ETA:
    Anything important for the main story in the main app, that is...